2019 XLT 202A FX4 or Limited 300A

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, it’s called a vista roof. I never open mine but I flipping love the amount of light it lets in. I’ll close it the shade sometimes for the kids or wife to sleep and it’s not bad, but opening it back up is nice.

zoey2015

Reaction score
37000 miles no issue with the sunroof either, 2018 Ltd 302A, zero issue so far

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
See what sort of deal they’ll cut you on a new truck right now

oh and I hate any sort of hole in the roof of a vehicle with the passion of a white hot supernova. Always have. I thought I heard mine creaking the first week but haven’t noticed it lately. Haven’t been driving much of course. I just couldn’t get what options I wanted without the stupid massive hole cut in the top.

Eddie1965

Reaction score
I almost walked out of the dealer because of the sunroof, but alas, they made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you think you need the 4x4, then get the FX4. If you really want the sunroof/moonroof (whatever) get the other one.

personally, I’m not particularly fond of sunroofs. Just get a convertible and be done with it.

Tys expedition

Reaction score
I’d get whichever one has the hd tow package. That’s the best option on these trucks. Even though i don’t tow anything heavy. I wanted 4 low and better cooling. I can believe they even come in 4wd with no low range

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah the tow pack is a must have. Useful and the engine just doesn’t seem to have the low end grunt for this beast with high gears. No matter wha torque rating they have. Just not enough. Drive them back to back and see the difference.

Phil2D2

Reaction score
Sunroof: We had rented an 18 XLT Max w/o sunroof for a vacation roadtrip and really liked it. Several months later when we started looking to buy one we came across one with the vista roof. We didn't really want it but was not a deal-breaker for us at the time... until we sat in it. We were both shocked at how much headroom you lost. Neither of us are overly tall and it's not like we would have bumped our heads or anything, but in our opinion it made the middle row feel very claustrophobic.

So the fact that we didn't really want one to start with, plus feeling claustrophobic, plus reports of leaking or problems put the sunroof firmly in the NO category for us. The local dealer that we were working with at the time was pretty frustrated and downright mad that we would not consider one he had on the lot over something as silly as a sunroof.

OP
OP
M

minichunks

Reaction score
Ended up going with the Limited 300A. The dealer with the FX4 wouldn't budge at all on price, and it didn't make enough sense to spring for it. I have the F150 for towing anyway, so it really wasn't that important that i can tow with the Expedition. Just would have been nice. I'll post pics when i get it home.