2020 Expedition crank won’t start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cwright

Reaction score
my expedition has been running fine went out to leave and it would crank but no start. Battery was a little low so I charged it to around 95% still same thing, I took the battery off a carried it to Autozone to test it they said it was fine. The crank sounds good it’s just like it isn’t getting any fuel

Lawrence T-D

Reaction score
my expedition has been running fine went out to leave and it would crank but no start. Battery was a little low so I charged it to around 95% still same thing, I took the battery off a carried it to Autozone to test it they said it was fine. The crank sounds good it’s just like it isn’t getting any fuel
I hope you didn't get bad gas. Seems like that is a possibility. I always buy gas from mainstream gas stations (Costco preferably) and I always keep the receipt. There was a situation here in N. Alabama a couple of years back when a local Mapco screwed up and filled their gas tanks with diesel - which left a lot of motorists quickly stranded. I wasn't affected, but having proof of purchase is handy as lawsuits broke out and Mapco wanted proof of purchase. I also got bad gas in Missouri one time and my car almost ground to a halt. It took a fresh tank fill-up to get it back to normal. You might have to have your fuel filter checked for clogging.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm leaning electrical. Needs spark and fuel to fire. Pull a plug wire and check for spark. Or pull a lead to injector. Do the easy stuff first.

Would be nice to know what year it is. Or did I miss that?

OP
OP
C

Cwright

Reaction score
Well I figured it out, my wife took the weather tech floor mats out and when she put them back she put it over the accelerator, what’s crazy is it didn’t give any code/fault that would let me know what the problem was, thanks for you guys help

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I figured it out, my wife took the weather tech floor mats out and when she put them back she put it over the accelerator, what’s crazy is it didn’t give any code/fault that would let me know what the problem was, thanks for you guys help
Completely normal behavior. Any modern Ford will behave this way. If you want to crank to say circulate oil before starting, the way you do that is hold the gas to the floor before cranking. Vehicle does not send fuel or spark. Just turns over.