2021 expedition max under hood no covers on engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Janky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
search on it. There's another thread regarding a supposed shortage in the Ford Factory. Just be thankful it wasn't a shortage on wheels! ;)

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep, none of the 21's came with covers. I bought one for mine on eBay. You need the two nuts too.

20210410_112458.jpg

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't believe they're shipping $80k vehicles with no engine covers simply because of part shortages. I mean WTF. At the very least there should be a note included in those vehicles that include a free install of the cover pending stock availability and a free oil change at the dealer for the inconvenience. That's the right way to do customer service.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't believe they're shipping $80k vehicles with no engine covers simply because of part shortages. I mean WTF. At the very least there should be a note included in those vehicles that include a free install of the cover pending stock availability and a free oil change at the dealer for the inconvenience. That's the right way to do customer service.

My speculation - but I think Ford just eliminated the part and did not reduce the vehicle’s cost to the consumer.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My speculation - but I think Ford just eliminated the part and did not reduce the vehicle’s cost to the consumer.

This is what I think too. Pretty sure the same thing happened with F150. Cost savings.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would get a cover to disperse the water dripping from the cowl panel

That's messed up they did this! Yes water will drip from that channel in the cowl and onto the engine. Pretty sure this is my last Ford also. Them not fixing the turbo rattle was the last straw for me. Sounds like a bucket of bolts and is getting worse.

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was going to offer you my cover for free until I realized the new design… I have 2016. I’ll be mounting my Full Race oil catch can next week. The cover must be removed for clearance. Thinking about letting the sheet metal guys at work take a look to see if they can devise a way to Mount it even with the catch can in place. I think the compartment looks cleaner with it installed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69