2021 question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3.5 ecoboost hasn't changed

I dont understand your comment?
The 3.5 ecoboost did not change in size.

That cover would fit a 2021 3.5 ecoboost expedition.

That cover pictured above is not used on a 2020 and below F-150. It is only for the 21+ F-150. It’s not hard to understand lol. Ford decided not to outfit them in the Expedition.

bryz_expy

Reaction score
maybe they quietly discovered that's why we've seen a few F150's and Expy's catch on fire in the past few months.

I have my old one if anyone wants one, you'll just need to buy a couple nylon insert nuts if you studs don't have the nuts on them. Just cover reasonable shipping (let me know if interested and I'll try to find a box and see what shipping would cost).

Also, if you're interested, I replaced my original one with the ford performance cover, part number KR7Z6A949A. When I ordered mine, it was around $110 plus shipping, but that could have changed.

This was discussed in the F150 forums when it was discovered as well last year. If there was any association to engine fires, you would see Ford issue a TSB or recall immediately. That would be negligent and a serious lawsuit. The fact the new F150’s have them again tells me it’s a simple and not so obvious cost cutting measure that the majority of owners won’t realize. Even if the part was $1 and another $1 to instal it, when you are making millions of vehicles it adds up quick.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This was discussed in the F150 forums when it was discovered as well last year. If there was any association to engine fires, you would see Ford issue a TSB or recall immediately. That would be negligent and a serious lawsuit. The fact the new F150’s have them again tells me it’s a simple and not so obvious cost cutting measure that the majority of owners won’t realize. Even if the part was $1 and another $1 to install it, when you are making millions of vehicles it adds up quick.

I was being a bit sarcastic, I'm guessing it's made of a fairly un-combustible material.

And I do believe it's more likely a cost cutting thing vs. supply issue, but the point was there are tons of other things Ford could be doing to save costs. Starting with quality to help reduce their warranty related liabilities. ~$4B last year I believe - 2x that of GM. And everyone keeps saying millions of vehicles. I tallied up all current sales of the 4th Gen from public sources, and we're at around 231k vehicles. So as another use stated, they probably pay $10-20 for the covers, that roughly $2.5M. I realize (and this is an opinion alert) this is a sensitive subject, but $182M in bonuses for hourly employees sure seems like a good place to start. Every business I've worked for didn't do bonuses if the business didn't hit its numbers or if they needed to reinvest profits to help build a better business (and thus keep jobs, or maybe even create more).

Anyway, I'll give it up. I don't want to take away from the original OP's piece.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just picked up my 21 and no engine cover. Anyone have a good source to purchase one?