2021 Ford Expedition King Ranch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Molaf

Full Access Members
Reaction score
100k for a KR? You can get a Black Label Navigator for that price. Something doesn’t add up.

Team_Z

Reaction score
I’m sorry for any typos and misspelled stuff I wrote it out again and again and I need Ford To Act and Help. They need to return the entire funds of this transaction immediately. They dropped the ball in every way with this transaction. And I need help getting them to honor this. I am
In between homes and got the car to help me transport my 4 mini Aussies and me. To strand someone and endanger their ability to keep their family safe is unacceptable. I can’t legally put dogs in a loaner or a rental. I will be fined for that. None of that is My fault. The car should have been looked at in a timely fashion. No matter the back up…when u pay for a new car like that the very least give a proper loaner. Even if it’s bought out of state. Ford has dropped the ball on this on so many levels I am devastated.
I’m sorry you’re having problems. Don’t worry about being fined for having your dogs in the car. Ford will cover the costs. Plus they will cover your payments while the truck is in for repairs. Dealers are struggling with techs so things are taking extra long. All car brands are struggling, not just Ford. GM is having even worse issues with their valve trains. The auto industry is a mess right now.

I have found some flaws with mine, I’ve made the dealer aware of them and will get them taken care of eventually.

The 2018 Platinum F150 I traded in went in on 4/13 for that wonderful falling out of gear issue and by June they had lost their trans guy so the truck is still there. In fact they just sent it to another dealer across town and it’s going to be a few weeks for their trans guy to get to it.
Ford put me in a loaner and they covered everything for 2+ months they had my truck before I traded it in on my Expedition.

Dealers will bark about what you can and can’t do with loaners. In the end SM they won’t do anything, Ford reimburses them so in the end they don’t care. Just treat the loaner as your own and don’t leave it overly dirty when you return it and they won’t say a word.

buckwheat-phd

Reaction score
100k for a KR? You can get a Black Label Navigator for that price. Something doesn’t add up.
It adds up pretty quick lol. Sticker of $80k is about normal for a KR, and maybe $85k for a Limited. Add $20k for add-ons like GPS tracker/theft, FordPlus super-warranty, various fees, taxes (prob $8K on this one), and yes (everyone hates this one) a "Market Incentive" anywhere from +$1k to +$20k depending on how rare or hard to find the vehicle is. With a Chinese chip shortage that has parked 100,000+ cars from about every manufacturer on the planet, finding one is problem #1 then finding one without dealer mark-up hanky panky is even tougher. So in reality an $80k sticker KR can add up to $100k pretty quick. It's why I bought a new 2020 KR with ~500 miles on it, because they were ready to deal. [Fingers crossed] here's hoping I made a good choice.

If I have an issue with the OP's post it would be how about every dealer she's dealt with seems so disagreeable and aloof. Sometimes an approach (adjective) can yield success or disaster depending on one's personal tone. Even corporate? Something's awry. On the other hand, a new car with these many disabling issues can be infuriating. If you really want to have some fun, go to your fav Mercedes online forum and listen to those poor people. Sickening, and very common to hear someone driving home a $150k car that blows up on the way home. Like a tranny, engine, drive train, a/c doesn't work, electrical demons, lock-outs, instrumentation, you name it.

My first guess with the OP's complaint was similar to what some have already mentioned; a coil over, ECU or some other rudimentary ignition issue. I mean I read a bit into the post, but I'm hearing "screw you lady, we don't have time for you until December". Come on.

I know about every auto shop in the country is lacking competent staff with the root firmly in Covid, but anyone else get the feeling there's something missing here?

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It adds up pretty quick lol. Sticker of $80k is about normal for a KR, and maybe $85k for a Limited. Add $20k for add-ons like GPS tracker/theft, FordPlus super-warranty, various fees, taxes (prob $8K on this one), and yes (everyone hates this one) a "Market Incentive" anywhere from +$1k to +$20k depending on how rare or hard to find the vehicle is. With a Chinese chip shortage that has parked 100,000+ cars from about every manufacturer on the planet, finding one is problem #1 then finding one without dealer mark-up hanky panky is even tougher. So in reality an $80k sticker KR can add up to $100k pretty quick. It's why I bought a new 2020 KR with ~500 miles on it, because they were ready to deal. [Fingers crossed] here's hoping I made a good choice.

If I have an issue with the OP's post it would be how about every dealer she's dealt with seems so disagreeable and aloof. Sometimes an approach (adjective) can yield success or disaster depending on one's personal tone. Even corporate? Something's awry. On the other hand, a new car with these many disabling issues can be infuriating. If you really want to have some fun, go to your fav Mercedes online forum and listen to those poor people. Sickening, and very common to hear someone driving home a $150k car that blows up on the way home. Like a tranny, engine, drive train, a/c doesn't work, electrical demons, lock-outs, instrumentation, you name it.

My first guess with the OP's complaint was similar to what some have already mentioned; a coil over, ECU or some other rudimentary ignition issue. I mean I read a bit into the post, but I'm hearing "screw you lady, we don't have time for you until December". Come on.

I know about every auto shop in the country is lacking competent staff with the root firmly in Covid, but anyone else get the feeling there's something missing here?
Agreed that we're not hearing the whole story. Who buys an $80K + vehicle sight unseen from a dealer over 500 miles away and then blames everyone for poor service? If good service was that important, then buy from a local dealer who can arrange a dealer trade, etc.

Team_Z

Reaction score

I’m sorry but if you’re an pending that much on extras find another dealer! My Platinum had a 85k sticker, every option minus the TV’s. There was no markup on it either and this color combo was the only one with in 1500 miles of us, had a 1500 incentive if I purchased instead of leasing. Leasing only got me 1000 incentive before I even started negotiating. Yes you can negotiate on a leased vehicle.

sctom1

Reaction score
FWIW, some or many FL, VA and MD dealers will add exorbitant “Market Adjustment” fees because they can. I lived there for many years and saw it. Maybe other locations where there is a lot of money also. Can’t undo this but in the future be aware there are these scoundrels out there and just walk away. No new car is worth a surcharge above MSRP. (I feel no new car is worth MSRP either). My 2cents.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FWIW, some or many FL, VA and MD dealers will add exorbitant “Market Adjustment” fees because they can. I lived there for many years and saw it. Maybe other locations where there is a lot of money also. Can’t undo this but in the future be aware there are these scoundrels out there and just walk away. No new car is worth a surcharge above MSRP. (I feel no new car is worth MSRP either). My 2cents.

I found that to be true for years along the east coast. The south has the most screwed up list of fees, some are actually legislated. Buyer be educated!!