2021 XLT FX4 with Co-Pilot360 Assist Front Parking Sensor locations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ViperVette

Reaction score
Hi guys. Long time lurker, first time poster.
So - I just bought this new ‘21 Expedition XLT FX4 that is pretty loaded including the Co-Pilot360 Assist package. Love the truck but I have a noob question (after trading in my ‘20 Tundra 1794 Crewmax 4WD).

Where are the front parking sensor(s) located? They were easy to spot on my Tundra but dangled if I can see them on this beast.

Thanks in advance.

Steve
NW Ohio
5D76689F-34F7-4C63-9AC5-452C016EE1D3.png

OP
OP
ViperVette

ViperVette

Reaction score
Are you sure it has front parking sensors? In 2019, the front parking sensors were not available on the XLT trim level.
No I’m not sure. It does have all the cameras but not sure about the sensors. I can’t see any on the bumper area so that’s why I asked.

keny01998

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For 2019 XLT, they don't have front sensors. You will see those circles like in the rear bumpers if you have them.

stimul8

Reaction score
Why do folks call these trucks? I have a 2021 XLT Max FX4, and NOTHING feels truck-like about it. Almost 4 months into ownership, and it still feels like I'm driving a mini-van, and I can't even use it to do any real work without risking destroying the interior. Although the barebones chassis is based on the F150, the rest is it's own version of failure. This pretty much sums up the purpose of this car: kid/grocery hauler, minor camping/outing trips, long banal drives, moving a few boxes here and there. And if you want to customize it to suit your ideal purpose-tada!-practically zero aftermarket.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why do folks call these trucks? I have a 2021 XLT Max FX4, and NOTHING feels truck-like about it. Almost 4 months into ownership, and it still feels like I'm driving a mini-van, and I can't even use it to do any real work without risking destroying the interior. Although the barebones chassis is based on the F150, the rest is it's own version of failure. This pretty much sums up the purpose of this car: kid/grocery hauler, minor camping/outing trips, long banal drives, moving a few boxes here and there. And if you want to customize it to suit your ideal purpose-tada!-practically zero aftermarket.
Let's see a minivan tow 9200 lbs.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Typical reasons for calling an Expedition a "truck" include:
1. It's a body on frame vehicle based on the F150
2. It's available with a low range transfer case
3. It's rated to tow 9100 lbs
4. It's heavier than most unibody cross-over SUV's

I also have a F350 6.7 PSD, and I agree it has the ability to haul more, etc, but doesn't mean the Expedition isn't a "truck".

stimul8

Reaction score
My main issue is that it's not build to the same standards as Ford trucks. Body panels squeak and flex, because of poor fitment. Exterior chrome window trim feels like it's going to fall off when I wipe it down. Carpet edges don't even look like they fit right either, like there wasn't enough carpet to get it tucked well under the door step area. Dirt and crap is bound to build up there. Upon purchasing, I also had improperly-installed weather stripping, and a front tow hook mold that was bent out of shape. They fixed those with warranty, of course. Dealer must have buffed badly too, because the rear pillars have swirls all over them.

I had a 2012 F150, and I had zero complaints off the lot with any of the build quality. And since you got an F350, I'm sure you should be able to notice the difference in build quality too.