Front parking sensors on XLT - available from factory? Can be added later?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's all about wiring. The fancy options require more modules and more wires, thus need different wire harnesses. One way Ford saves money is by minimizing the number of different wire harness combinations they make and install.

The XLT 202A package, like on '15-'17s, is "pre-wired" for many additional items by sharing much of its architecture with that installed on Limited models. This requires a completely different wire harness and/or harness "extensions" that are not otherwise installed on non-202A XLT models.

JH NYC MAX

Reaction score
Just got the 2019 xlt, 202a with Tech. The front sensor is for cruise control.

Did anyone figure out is i could install oem front parking sensors?

Rancidlunchmeat

2019 XLT FX4
Reaction score
Just got the 2019 xlt, 202a with Tech. The front sensor is for cruise control.

Did anyone figure out is i could install oem front parking sensors?

Perhaps @Rotorhead451 can come back to this thread and elaborate a bit more about where/who CarToyz is and what exactly he purchased, how much he paid and if it really "activated" factory systems through Sync rather than an after market add on. (That's what his message in this thread sounded like.)

KSC 2019 XLT

Reaction score
XLT with option 202A and Technology Package will have front sensors for adaptive cruse control. These sensors are also used for parking in the Ford Sync3 System.
This is incorrect. These "front sensors" you mention is the radar for ACC but not for parking. 2019 XLT cannot get OEM front parking sensors with the 202A package. I also asked about the dealership installing OEM front parking sensors after purchase and they said Ford doesn't have OEM parts for it, only 3rd party like CarToys. Asked like 5 dealerships and all said the same thing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65