2022 304a Dual Exhaust Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
everything sounds different in real life, and under load. And in the car as well. Having a SUV, there will be drone. It'll be louder in the cabin than you want, and definitely louder in the cabin than say a pickup truck.
There are maybe a small handful, like 2 or 3 ecoboost aftermarket exhaust systems that sound good. The rest are off-the-shelf mufflers cobbled together and made to fit the platform. Borla, magnaflow, MBRP all fit the latter.
Yeah, I mostly agree with you. Corsa though has made some incredible exhausts for cars with twin (even a few custom quad turbos) turbos, superchargers, etc. They do a lot of work with extremely high end exhausts. Heck, the original WK2 SRT8 exhaust was designed for Mopar by Corsa. I have a buddy with an Audi R8 with a Corsa custom setup and it sounds stupendous. Lots of things can impact the exhaust note, even frankly the positioning of the turbos just inches away from the cats, etc.

OP
OP
mdecillis

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are maybe a small handful, like 2 or 3 ecoboost aftermarket exhaust systems that sound good.
Which ones would they be? Guessing they don't make a setup for Expeditions and definitely not dual exhaust?

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I run a Corsa system on my 5.0 F150, sounds incredible. The 3.5 EB version by Corsa for the F150 sounds great for a V6 as well

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Which ones would they be? Guessing they don't make a setup for Expeditions and definitely not dual exhaust?
Given the fuel tank location and how tight everything is in the rear, unless you get rid of your spare tire, I don't see a physical way to do dual, unless by dual you mean just putting a dual tip on single pipe.

sdinwiddie85

Reaction score
Given the fuel tank location and how tight everything is in the rear, unless you get rid of your spare tire, I don't see a physical way to do dual, unless by dual you mean just putting a dual tip on single pipe.
The 2022 Stealth Performance has dual exhaust all the way back. It all runs on the passenger side and exits the passenger side

OP
OP
mdecillis

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 2022 Stealth Performance has dual exhaust all the way back. It all runs on the passenger side and exits the passenger side
Yes, exactly. It's the same as the 2018+ stock Navigator exhaust. The link I posted in my original post is for the Borla Navigator dual exhaust.

ExpyNole

Reaction score

I ran the heartthrob 4" exhaust. It sounded good but had some drone. I wound up installing a turbine-style resonator that diesel guys use. I'm sure it robbed power but it helped the drone a lot.
Other than that, i've heard magnaflow, mbrp, and borla on the ecoboost in person. under load, they sound atrocious. Revving sounds fine...but under load is a different story.

I very much like the stock exhaust on this. Plenty of flow. Quiet. I'm good, lol.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To me that's a little pseudo dual. Yes, there are two sets of pipes but they share a single muffler and a single resonator as they head back. Call me old school but typically when I think dual exhaust, I think more of two desperate paths, separate mufflers, resonators, etc. But i get it, even the some of the newer GM's just split off in front of the spare tire and look like dual with separate tips. That does look good though.

OP
OP
mdecillis

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To me that's a little pseudo dual. Yes, there are two sets of pipes but they share a single muffler and a single resonator as they head back. Call me old school but typically when I think dual exhaust, I think more of two desperate paths, separate mufflers, resonators, etc. But i get it, even the some of the newer GM's just split off in front of the spare tire and look like dual with separate tips. That does look good though.
I agree. But it's a start and you can definitely hear a difference in the exhaust note in and out of the car compared to my 2019 and a 2022 XLT that I heard.

On a side note, you could hear the turbos on my 2019 but not on my 2022!