2022 Collision Avoidance Disabled While Driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all,
Have had this issue about a week now. 22 304a with HD tow.
Randomly the truck will chime and dash will tell me active collision avoidance is disabled. It will then quickly go back to normal. No rain or obstructions. Speed varies from 30 to 75 and happens randomly within the range.
The cruse control was never on so can’t determine if that was affected.
Distance pacing seems to be working fine, and cruse does as well, the collision avoidance actually works too. I tested it by putting it on the highest setting and it does alert as it should.

I almost think a wire is loose and maybe a bump causes a temporary fault. Anyone have a diagram I can trace or other suggestions?
No dealer trip yet. But next month when my inspection is due I’d get it looked at. Hard to replicate so not sure they will.
Also. No codes stored in forscan.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don’t think you can blame it all on Covid, although that has certainly added greatly to the many issues.

There are a lot of people with 15 forward trucks that have and are continuing to suffer from Fords piss poor design, manufacturing and warranty policies. Granted 18 forward have a much higher level of issues, especially the now famous 10 speed transmission.

WhiteRhino

Reaction score
Mine is doing this as well. Involved in a minor hit and run. Not major damage, but pre-collision disabled pops up and won’t let me use radar cruise. I have tried changing it to normal cruise and it does not work either. It only works whenever the pre-collision disabled light goes away. Truck goes in on 9/5 to get fixed. Hopefully the sensor just got bumped out of place and can be adjusted.

mwar99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is doing this as well. Involved in a minor hit and run. Not major damage, but pre-collision disabled pops up and won’t let me use radar cruise. I have tried changing it to normal cruise and it does not work either. It only works whenever the pre-collision disabled light goes away. Truck goes in on 9/5 to get fixed. Hopefully the sensor just got bumped out of place and can be adjusted.
Your truck doesn't get fixed until September? That's insane it can't get checked sooner.

WhiteRhino

Reaction score
Your truck doesn't get fixed until September? That's insane it can't get checked sooner.
The local Ford dealer were playing games with us. Wouldn’t give us an appointment until the insurance company gave them a quote and then ultimately it ended with someone at the dealership saying that their collision center was no longer in operation. Ridiculous. I feel like I dodged a bullet. This new collision center comes with five star reviews, but a longer than anticipated wait time.

Hisurfernmi

Reaction score
I'm having this exact issue on my 22 Expy Limited. Pre Collision Assist Not Available. No codes, but I did start getting the message sent to my Ford Pass app, so that helped to show it to the Service Advisor at the Ford Dealership.

It is an intermittent issue that doesn't usually last for more than 20 seconds at most. Sometimes triggers going over a bump, sometimes during a turn, sometimes when nothing apparently is going on. Sometimes it shows the 'Pre Collision Assist Fault', often it just triggers the chime that something is wrong, but no actual warning comes up. I think this is because the fault lasts so short the system doesn't have time to show the fault on the screen. I've driven 40 mins without it triggering, I've driven for 5 mins and it triggers a dozen or so times. No real rhyme or reason.

I'm concerned it's going to be a strange electrical gremlin that won't be easily solved. I dropped it off at the dealer last Thursday and haven't heard anything yet. They didn't act as if it was something they could get to right away. I did get a loaner so not all that bad.

Screenshot_20230717-094416_FordPass.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My experience has been if the vehicle does not get driven much certain features get disabled. On one of my new Ford vehicles, that doesn't get driven much, the first thing to disable is the automatic shut off. Then items like lane assistance and adaptive cruise cease to work. A 1 hour highway trip seems to bring those all back to life.
Not sure if this is your issue, but I thought I would mention it.

OP
OP
R

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was able to pull some codes this time. I have a feeling this is more an electrical gremlin.

===C-CM DTC U2008:08-2C===
Code: U2008 - Sensor Cluster

Additional Fault Symptom:
- Bus Signal/Message Failures

- DTC Maturing - Intermittent at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: Cruise-Control Module

Freeze Frame #1:
-OUTDOOR_TEMPERATURE: 87 °C - Outside temperature
-ECU_POWER_SUPPLY: 14.2 V - ECU Power Supply Voltage
-VEHICLE_SPEED: 74 km/h - Vehicle Speed
-ECU_INTERNAL_TEMPERATURE: 34 °C - ECU Internal Temperature

===END C-CM DTC=== Side note 87c is ~188f no where I’ve been even broke 100f. I think this is related to a below comms issue.

===BdyCM DTC B1330:08-08===
Code: B1330 - DC/AC Inverter Module

- Bus Signal/Message Failures

- Previously Set DTC - Not Present at Time of Request

Module: Body Control Module
===END BdyCM DTC=== General failure 8x, I’m not sure if this is bad ground or loose connection. But seems odd. Might be causing the comms issue below or be unrelated.

===IPMA DTC B115E:31-28===
Code: B115E - Camera Module

- No Signal

Module: Image Processing Module A
===END IPMA DTC=== I’m thinking Comms issue. This just happens to be collateral.

===IPMA DTC U0104:00-28===
Code: U0104 - Lost Communication With Cruise Control Module

Module: Image Processing Module A
===END IPMA DTC=== I’m thinking either bad connection or faulty module.

I did also run a self test of image processing module A. No errors found.

Any smarter minds than mine have suggestions on where to test?