2022 Expedition Order Guide attached

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USKflt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The middle seat is removable, many have done so here. I believe it's just four bolts and it's out. Use the search function to look up the threads where others have asked the question and found out how to remove it.
I think Ford would be well-served to do a universal setup in the Expedition. Every Expedition comes spec’d with buckets and then design an optional jump seat that can be removed easily and spec’d as an option or bought as a post-purchase part. Would streamline their production and make buying/selling an Expedition much easier as you don’t have to find “captains” or a “bench”. They’re all designed the same with the only difference being an available part from your dealer if it doesn’t have it already.

1badhabit

Reaction score
Will echo others in saying we love the middle buckets. Unlike others, we have a GRANDkid that goes into a car seat in one of the buckets and the adult kids have it easier getting to the back and can even swap who rides in the other bucket easily.

StephenPT

Reaction score
I think Ford would be well-served to do a universal setup in the Expedition. Every Expedition comes spec’d with buckets and then design an optional jump seat that can be removed easily and spec’d as an option or bought as a post-purchase part. Would streamline their production and make buying/selling an Expedition much easier as you don’t have to find “captains” or a “bench”. They’re all designed the same with the only difference being an available part from your dealer if it doesn’t have it already.
Honda figured this out with the Magic-Slide 2nd row they developed for the Odyssey Minivan. From EX trim level all the way up to Elite you get the same 2nd row configuration which is three independent seats that can individually be removed. There's multiple configurations too, because the seats also can slide horizontally, so if you take out the middle seat you can slide the captain chairs together toward the middle and have easier 3rd row access, or all the way to one side to have even more access on one side. Honda likely has this system covered by multiple patents.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Honda figured this out with the Magic-Slide 2nd row they developed for the Odyssey Minivan. From EX trim level all the way up to Elite you get the same 2nd row configuration which is three independent seats that can individually be removed. There's multiple configurations too, because the seats also can slide horizontally, so if you take out the middle seat you can slide the captain chairs together toward the middle and have easier 3rd row access, or all the way to one side to have even more access on one side. Honda likely has this system covered by multiple patents.
Honda Odyssey's also don't have a driveshaft running down the middle, which makes it more difficult to add seat anchor hardware in the middle of the vehicle. I remember our Toyota Sienna with AWD was only configurable with 2nd row captains chairs for this reason since it had a rear driveshaft as well.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Honda Odyssey's also don't have a driveshaft running down the middle, which makes it more difficult to add seat anchor hardware in the middle of the vehicle. I remember our Toyota Sienna with AWD was only configurable with 2nd row captains chairs for this reason since it had a rear driveshaft as well.
I don't understand this related to the Honda comment, there's already an option for a middle seat bench, which can be removed with 4 or so screws. They have the ability to put seat anchor hardware in the middle. I'd love the option to have a quicker way to "remove" the middle seat if needed, but 4 screws isn't that bad, just need to get a floor mat to cover the carpet openings.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't understand this related to the Honda comment, there's already an option for a middle seat bench, which can be removed with 4 or so screws. They have the ability to put seat anchor hardware in the middle. I'd love the option to have a quicker way to "remove" the middle seat if needed, but 4 screws isn't that bad, just need to get a floor mat to cover the carpet openings.
I always assumed that the tracks that are embedded in the floor of the Odyssey that run perpendicular to normal seat tracks would make it tricky with a driveshaft located below the vehicle. Would be cool if someone could make it work though on the Expy!

20190920_164125-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I always assumed that the tracks that are embedded in the floor of the Odyssey that run perpendicular to normal seat tracks would make it tricky with a driveshaft located below the vehicle. Would be cool if someone could make it work though on the Expy!

View attachment 71228
If enough people make enough noise about it, they may add it to the 2025 redesign.

vlang45

Reaction score
Looking at ordering my first expedition ever. Moving from a crew cab f-150. Looking at the order form for the Timberline…

Is it true that the base model doesn’t come with heated front seats? Seems crazy to me given the 70k price tag.

Also- can anyone with a 21 expedition send me the length and width of your truck with the third row up? Thanks!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
According to og, you have to get high pkg to get heated and cooled seats. The std pkg doesn't have heated seats(weird it does have heated steering wheel).

Do you need measurement of the space behind 3rd row?

vlang45

Reaction score
According to og, you have to get high pkg to get heated and cooled seats. The std pkg doesn't have heated seats(weird it does have heated steering wheel).

Do you need measurement of the space behind 3rd row?
Yes, please. I have some equipment I drive around with daily and wanting to make sure it fits.

I really like the timberline, but pretty bummed by how the options are set up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze