2022 expedition pre-ordered... Need thoughts on features

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acoinstall

Reaction score
I pre-ordered a 2022 expedition with the stealth performance package (304a)... I won't be towing anything. I may be best bumping down to the stealth package (303a) but we do get quite a bit of snow during the winter. . Do you guys think I would benefit from the ELSD? Also, any thoughts on downgrading to the 303a (if I can). The only huge difference I can tell are the red calipers, extra HP and speakers... Not sure if I would even notice the extra HP if I'm not even towing. TIA

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I pre-ordered a 2022 expedition with the stealth performance package (304a)... I won't be towing anything. I may be best bumping down to the stealth package (303a) but we do get quite a bit of snow during the winter. . Do you guys think I would benefit from the ELSD? Also, any thoughts on downgrading to the 303a (if I can). The only huge difference I can tell are the red calipers, extra HP and speakers... Not sure if I would even notice the extra HP if I'm not even towing. TIA

Nice and welcome to the forum. I think you would but it really all depends on the cost. Are you will to fork over the extra money for the option?

OP
OP
A

acoinstall

Reaction score
I've never purchased a vehicle this expensive and I figure since I'm already at the $80k mark, I may as well get the ELSD for the extra 1k? I guess I can always save close to 5k by downgrading to the 303a. I'm just having a hard time justifying the extra 5k for extra speakers, red calipers and 40hp. Of course this may be a moot point if I can't modify my pre-order (I placed it in mid December)

BTW this has been a great forum. I appreciate all the great info on here.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I personally would do platinum because, according to kbb, an fully optioned 304 is the same price as a plat. But btw your opt, I'd get the 304a, because the 22 speaker system seems look it's gonna be great.. If you don't care about your sound system, 303a is fine. The 12 speaker in the expy now is already pretty good as a factory unit. Also, a tune will get you the extra hp if you need it.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
304a and platty optioned exactly the same, but platty adds bluecruise and massage front seats.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220117-133739_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220117-133739_Chrome.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20220117-133615_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220117-133615_Chrome.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 41

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Stealth Performance package is a different motor than the Platinum last I heard. Stealth Performace has the HO motor, Platinum has the higher factory tune standard motor.

OP
OP
A

acoinstall

Reaction score
304a and platty optioned exactly the same, but platty adds bluecruise and massage front seats.
I added the 15" screen to mine... Not sure if the blue cruise will be available by just adding that the the limited... I am curious though with your configuration. Is the Platinum blacked out like the limited stealth is? I don't really like the chrome on the Platinum.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Unfortunately no...I do like Chrome, but the spp looks better for sure. However I want the bluecruise and wifey wants massage seats. For 2022, there's no way to add bluecruise to the other trims as the Infra-red module isn't included like the f150/mach e does for its prep pkgs.

OP
OP
A

acoinstall

Reaction score
Unfortunately no...I do like Chrome, but the spp looks better for sure. However I want the bluecruise and wifey wants massage seats. For 2022, there's no way to add bluecruise to the other trims as the Infra-red module isn't included like the f150/mach e does for its prep pkgs.
I looked into the Platinum and man is it tempting... Seems like more meaningful features (for my needs) than my current build... Are there any pictures of an expedition max Plat with both rim options? I tried goggling but the rims all look different than the ordering guide... You may have convinced me to go with the Platinum instead! Also, will blue cruise work in any capacity on roads that are not blue cruise approved?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tryspaygee