2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CGalex

Reaction score
I didn't receive any notification about being on chip hold. I was expecting weeks or months of waiting, but it only took just over a week. So, I guess they were able to get whatever parts they needed.

Funny story, but I have been receiving the "supply chain" and "we'll keep you updated every 45 days" emails from Ford, but I didn't look closely enough. I had ordered a Platinum Max back in January, but when the MCS would have been removed I switched to a 304a Max in April. It was scheduled just a couple weeks later. I guess the Platinum is still on order and hasn't even been scheduled, but I'm still receiving updates for it.
I'm guessing mine was same, marked as in production but not really. original production week was 8/8 but when I checked tracker on 8/4 it was marked as in production just no date listed. sticker popped up a few days later on 8/6 but with 2 removals, so I was excited thinking it had started a few days early because they determined they weren't going to wait for certain parts and just did removals so they could start. but then by 8/19 got the supply chain delay email from ford. finally yesterday morning tracker assigned an actual date to "in production" of 8/22 and BCE modules site that was empty the day before was now full of data so they must have gotten chip/parts in and got it moving down the line.

that time between in production with no date and actually having a date was chip hold I'm guessing

I expect it's already done since they output a car about once a minute. just sitting here wearing out the refresh button on my browser hoping to see "built" status. we sold of our pacifica to have the cash ready for this one to come in AUG before daughter took her car back to college so we are now down to my manual trans Jeep Rubicon for my wife and I and she hates driving it.

sounds like your dealer will have a platinum to sell on the lot if it actually gets built since you switched up what you wanted

Tyra

Reaction score
I'm guessing mine was same, marked as in production but not really. original production week was 8/8 but when I checked tracker on 8/4 it was marked as in production just no date listed. sticker popped up a few days later on 8/6 but with 2 removals, so I was excited thinking it had started a few days early because they determined they weren't going to wait for certain parts and just did removals so they could start. but then by 8/19 got the supply chain delay email from ford. finally yesterday morning tracker assigned an actual date to "in production" of 8/22 and BCE modules site that was empty the day before was now full of data so they must have gotten chip/parts in and got it moving down the line.

that time between in production with no date and actually having a date was chip hold I'm guessing

I expect it's already done since they output a car about once a minute. just sitting here wearing out the refresh button on my browser hoping to see "built" status. we sold of our pacifica to have the cash ready for this one to come in AUG before daughter took her car back to college so we are now down to my manual trans Jeep Rubicon for my wife and I and she hates driving it.

sounds like your dealer will have a platinum to sell on the lot if it actually gets built since you switched up what you wanted
Where do you see the “Date”? Mine says in production and I have the sticker but I don’t see a date other than my order date.

Last edited:

CGalex

Reaction score
Where do you see the “Date”? Mine says in production and I have the sticker but I don’t see a date other than my order date.
date for in production will eventually be right under text "in production" and in line with the order date. I'm thinking that when they mark "in production" with a dot but no date it's the chip/parts hold people mention. I didn't get a date assigned to "in production" until 8/22 despite it being marked as in production since 8/4. I noticed that on https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt/Details site the BCE modules data showed up sometime afternoon/night of 8/22 because I had checked it that monday morning and it was blank but when I checked tuesday morning it was full of module data, thats when I noticed ford tracker had added date to "in production"

Tyra

Reaction score
The dates here keep changing. The actual time in status and estimated time in status were within a day of each other. Now the estimated time is way out?? Does that mean I’m not going to get built anytime soon even though It’s marked In Production?

Attachments

• 65DCC793-826B-47CF-8AF8-4466059634EA.jpeg
    65DCC793-826B-47CF-8AF8-4466059634EA.jpeg
    28.1 KB · Views: 14

kskoetting

Reaction score
We ordered an Expedition Max Limited on 4/29/22. On 6/30 we got an email stating our “build” date was the week of 8/8. On 8/10, we got another email pushing it back until the week of 8/15. Our Window sticker also appeared that day. It has been in production status since then. Yesterday, we got a date next to the “in production” circle (8/23) and a check mark. Then, we received a email in the middle of the night that there has been a delay with our production and we would hear back sometime in the next 45 days. Ugh!
I then went in to the check the tracker and it said it was “Built” with the date of 8/24 next to it. Our status now says waiting to ship. Our dealer said he also sees it as built and a 9/23 ETA. So, should I assume it is built or be worried due to the email we got last night before everything updated. Also, our window sticker has now disappeared on the Ford tracker but still is visible on on the Order track App with modules. Thanks for any input!

Last edited:

CGalex

Reaction score
We ordered an Expedition Max Limited on 4/29/22. On 6/30 we got an email stating our “build” date was the week of 8/8. On 8/10, we got another email pushing it back until the week of 8/15. Our Window sticker also appeared that day. It has been in production status since then. Yesterday, we got a date next to the “in production” circle (8/23) and a check mark. Then, we received a email in the middle of the night that there has been a delay with our production and we would hear back sometime in the next 45 days. Ugh!
I then went in to the check the tracker and it said it was “Built” with the date of 8/24 next to it. Our status now says waiting to ship. Our dealer said he also sees it as built and a 9/23 ETA. So, should I assume it is built or be worried do you the email we got last night before everything updated. Also, our window sticker has now disappeared on the Ford tracker but still is visible on on the Order track App with modules. Thanks for any input!
I would go with what the actual ford tracker says if "built" has a dot/check mark and a date listed to go with it, it's built. especially if they have assigned a shipment ETA. a vehicle on any chip/part delay that isn't 100% built isn't going to get a shipment date assigned. there is talk of down the road shipping incomplete builds to sit at dealer if its some part their service dept can install in order to make room at plant for incomplete builds that can only have final parts put on by factory crew. I think that delay 45 day email might have been auto generated before your tracker said built with a check and date update.

I can't even get to ford tracker with browser I normally use but can with a different one and status is same as it has been with in production, circle and a date but no check-mark but I too cant actually get to sticker now even on new browser from ford tracker but can from ordertrack.app like you mentioned. I dont know if that means anything like updates being done but not posted. I emailed my dealership rep and asked him to run the VIN on his side whcih is an internal ford only site to see if anything different/new that just isnt showing on customer side.

I ordered a limited regular with 303A Stealth and HD tow on 3/10 and finally got a date of 8/22 assigned to the "in production" (circle but no check-mark) status Monday night but nothing since then. after reading that your "in production" got a date with circle AND a check mark makes me rethink if mine is actually in production since I just have a date and a circle on the status bar. this waiting is frustrating, just when I think its near done, it slows/stops again.

Last edited:

CGalex

Reaction score
I then went in to the check the tracker and it said it was “Built” with the date of 8/24 next to it. Our status now says waiting to ship. Our dealer said he also sees it as built and a 9/23 ETA. So, should I assume it is built or be worried do you the email we got last night before everything updated. Also, our window sticker has now disappeared on the Ford tracker but still is visible on on the Order track App with modules. Thanks for any input!
when you checked modules after ford tracker said built and has waiting to ship was it just BCE modules or did PCM modules have info too? mine has had only BCE info since monday night and wondering if there is another data milestone to look out for with the PCM section to show that something is going on with my build?

I just got reply back from my dealer and nothing different unfortunately except for status date/time it says "sent offsite". I don't like the sound of that unless offsite means it left the line as in it's done. no clue

Last edited:

CGalex

Reaction score
anyone with completed orders or anyone know more about build process tracking that can translate what "sent offsite" for IN PRODUCTION date means?

VINVehicle LinePrimarySecondaryVehicle LocationStatus Date / TimeStart DateEnd DateETA Disposition
7796U2A1FMJU2ATXNEA46602ExpeditionIn ProductionSent OffsiteFord Kentucky Truck Plant 2, KY

I got this from my dealership when I asked if their side of tracking had anything new since a date was assigned to tracker on my side for IN PRODUCTION on Monday night. my sticker also is no longer available on ford tracker but is on ordertracker.app and modules are still just BCE data populated.

basically is SENT OFFSITE good or bad for progress? the last time he updated me with info from his side the info was all as above but the STATUS DATE/TIME was "SENT TO PLANT"

Alex

Last edited:

HtownHog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
anyone with completed orders or anyone know more about build process tracking that can translate what "sent offsite" for IN PRODUCTION date means?

VINVehicle LinePrimarySecondaryVehicle LocationStatus Date / TimeStart DateEnd DateETA Disposition
7796U2A1FMJU2ATXNEA46602ExpeditionIn ProductionSent OffsiteFord Kentucky Truck Plant 2, KY

I got this from my dealership when I asked if their side of tracking had anything new since a date was assigned to tracker on my side for IN PRODUCTION on Monday night. my sticker also is no longer available on ford tracker but is on ordertracker.app and modules are still just BCE data populated.

basically is SENT OFFSITE good or bad for progress? the last time he updated me with info from his side the info was all as above but the STATUS DATE/TIME was "SENT TO PLANT"

Alex

I think that is bad, lots of the waiting on chips and wiper motors this summer had that status.

lakerr

Reaction score
I would go with what the dealer is seeing and saying. My dealer 's updates were always more accurate than the tracker or Ford emails. Case in point - dealer told me when my build was scheduled that delivery would be 7/7. He told me when build was complete and the tracker was still showing In Production. Once built, Ford said delivery would be 7/12-18 and my Expedition was on the dealer's lot on 7/7.