2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadet7263

Reaction score
I have to say that this entire ordering process has made me lose faith in Ford. I currently own a 22 Bronco and a 19 Expedition. I ordered a new Expedition on 11/2. I knew that it would be a bit of a wait but this has been truly ridiculous. It is not that there are production delays, given the issues in the world I expected delays, it is more about the lack of communication or ability to get any real information on the production. I received and email on 2/3 that my car was being built the week of 2/14. Starting mid Feb., the Ford tracker tool listed in production. For weeks the status stayed the same. I made calls to the Ford marketing center and my dealer and they had no further information. On 3/14 the in production date changed to 3/14. It has remained in this status for three weeks now. I contacted my dealer and their system showed that the truck would be delivered between 3/30 and 4/5. Last week I called the marketing center and twice I was told that the Hold status would be lifted and the truck would be shipped this week. As of today, the truck is still in a hold status. Now I am hearing that they are removing options and sending vehicles out incomplete. I have asked for a supervisor call back numerous times. The marketing center states that a supervisor will call back within 48 hours. I have never received a call back. I have called the Ford executive office and have been put into a voicemail box at least 3 different times. The message states that someone will call back within 1 business day, no call ever received. All I want to know is 1.) when will the parts be in to finish my truck? 2.) will I receive a complete (finished) vehicle or will there be items that will be left of with a promise to finish later? If I receive the answers to my questions then I can make a decision if I want to wait or move on to another vehicle from another manufacturer. Ford customer service is terrible. I have worked for large multinational corporations for my entire career and have never seen such a ridiculous customer experience. There is no one, Ford Dealer, Ford Marketing Center, Executive Offices, etc. that can provide any information to allow customers to make informed decisions.

Also, Ford is allowing vehicles to slip out of the factory into the hands of dealers. These are not special order vehicles that a consumer has not picked up but rather stock orders for dealerships. These dealer inventory cars are being sold for over MSRP. Ford knows about it and is condoning it. The general view on this forum seems to be oh well I guess I will just have to wait and put up with the horrible customer service. If that is the choice of the customer that is ok. My patience is wearing thin. I don't know how much longer I can support a company that shows a complete lack of consideration for its customers. This is more than just a parts issue, this is an overall management breakdown.
I'm not going to lie, the customer service is pretty bad. Not sure why they keep information from the customers. When I was waiting for mine to go "in production", I would call Marketing, and they would tell me they do not show a date. Well, one time I got someone on the phone who told me that they do show a date, but they are not allowed to provide it. I then requested to speak to a supervisor. I got a call from a supervisor over a week later. The supervisor told me that she was noting on my file that they were allowed to provide me the info when I call from now on. Why would that even be an option? That you have the info, but the rules are you can not provide it to the customer. My dealership has advised me the same thing, that Ford is keeping them in the dark. Not quite sure why all of this has to be such a secret. If people knew the truth, they would probably get a lot less phone calls since they already know the possible dates and times for things. But if anyone thinks for one second that the executives at Ford actually care about the customers, and not lining their pockets, you are sadly mistaken. They have shut down production at factories, and may have even stopped paying those employees, but I can bet none of the executives at Ford went without a paycheck. It is the world we live in, and customer service with large companies is almost non existent, pretty much because they know losing 1 or 2 customers isn't going to hurt their bottom line. With anything else, unless the majority of people stop using a company or product, things will never change.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, the customer service is pretty bad. Not sure why they keep information from the customers. When I was waiting for mine to go "in production", I would call Marketing, and they would tell me they do not show a date. Well, one time I got someone on the phone who told me that they do show a date, but they are not allowed to provide it. I then requested to speak to a supervisor. I got a call from a supervisor over a week later. The supervisor told me that she was noting on my file that they were allowed to provide me the info when I call from now on. Why would that even be an option? That you have the info, but the rules are you can not provide it to the customer. My dealership has advised me the same thing, that Ford is keeping them in the dark. Not quite sure why all of this has to be such a secret. If people knew the truth, they would probably get a lot less phone calls since they already know the possible dates and times for things. But if anyone thinks for one second that the executives at Ford actually care about the customers, and not lining their pockets, you are sadly mistaken. They have shut down production at factories, and may have even stopped paying those employees, but I can bet none of the executives at Ford went without a paycheck. It is the world we live in, and customer service with large companies is almost non existent, pretty much because they know losing 1 or 2 customers isn't going to hurt their bottom line. With anything else, unless the majority of people stop using a company or product, things will never change.

I'm in the same boat as you guys, ordered 11/1 and i've been "in production" for 6 weeks.

There are a few things I think are important, Ford, and other manufactures (GM/Toyota/etc.) for decades operated on a model of 80%+ dealer ordered stock, they did not design their infrastructure and comms systems like amazon or UPS does to give up to the minute information, it has never been a need so they didn't invest in it. I would be surprised if their inventory and production line systems were linked to their order bank systems, and if they were access is likely limited to supply chain and reporting teams.

I also think people assume the worst when they don't have all the pieces. There's a very good chance ford is not intentionally keeping people in the dark, they likely don't have as comprehensive a plan for production as we give them credit for. Or if they do, it's likely so incomplete sharing it will just cause more frustration. (i.e. being told you're going into production 2/14, only get to 5 follow-up emails saying "sorry, you're actually not it will be pushed a week").

As for losing customers, yes, they are losing thousands not 1 or 2. They just released their Q1 figures. Sales are down 26% Q1 over Q1. That's massive. The only "saving grace" for ford is that as a % of market share, they are flat. essentially everyone's sales are down, because no one can build and ship vehicles. Toyota exceeded GM's total sales for the first time, but they are now on pace to fall behind in Q2. So it's a cat/mouse game of who gets more shipped that quarter gets the sale. What I'm seeing in industry sentiment is customers are frustrated in not having "basic high end features" i.e. heated seats, parking sensors, etc. but the same customers are paying 5-10% above MSRP.

This sucks for sure, but everyone is in good company, sucks for all of us wanting a new vehicle.

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree. More information is better than less information. I recently heard Ford is no longer providing build to week emails. The rationale was because things were moving around too much. Now you won't get an email (after the original) until the build day is scheduled which I believe is two weeks prior to build. So for this new way you will know nothing until then. What is the projected date? Did it slip a week or month? Who knows without continuously hitting up your dealer. I'm sure that'll make the customers happy. I'd much rather get emails saying it is moving around so I know what is happening. I understand things can change.

If retail orders are the future, they need to do a lot of work to get to where they need to be.

Cadet7263

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you guys, ordered 11/1 and i've been "in production" for 6 weeks.

There are a few things I think are important, Ford, and other manufactures (GM/Toyota/etc.) for decades operated on a model of 80%+ dealer ordered stock, they did not design their infrastructure and comms systems like amazon or UPS does to give up to the minute information, it has never been a need so they didn't invest in it. I would be surprised if their inventory and production line systems were linked to their order bank systems, and if they were access is likely limited to supply chain and reporting teams.

I also think people assume the worst when they don't have all the pieces. There's a very good chance ford is not intentionally keeping people in the dark, they likely don't have as comprehensive a plan for production as we give them credit for. Or if they do, it's likely so incomplete sharing it will just cause more frustration. (i.e. being told you're going into production 2/14, only get to 5 follow-up emails saying "sorry, you're actually not it will be pushed a week").

As for losing customers, yes, they are losing thousands not 1 or 2. They just released their Q1 figures. Sales are down 26% Q1 over Q1. That's massive. The only "saving grace" for ford is that as a % of market share, they are flat. essentially everyone's sales are down, because no one can build and ship vehicles. Toyota exceeded GM's total sales for the first time, but they are now on pace to fall behind in Q2. So it's a cat/mouse game of who gets more shipped that quarter gets the sale. What I'm seeing in industry sentiment is customers are frustrated in not having "basic high end features" i.e. heated seats, parking sensors, etc. but the same customers are paying 5-10% above MSRP.

This sucks for sure, but everyone is in good company, sucks for all of us wanting a new vehicle.
I get that their system may not be designed to give up to second updates. But when I have someone from Marketing flat out tell me there is a date, but they are not allowed to give it, makes you think what else they may be holding back that they actually have. Then to have a supervisor tell me it has been noted on my account that they can provide the info when I call now, just adds to the shadiness. I get it, a lot of companies are going through problems with parts, but you should be careful telling customers who are trying to but an $80K vehicle that kind of stuff. But, I have been waiting since 11/5 for this vehicle that I custom picked out. As of now, it doesn't appear that anything has been removed from mine, that people are getting removed from theirs now. That could always change, but at this point, I may not know until I pick the vehicle up one day from my dealer.

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have to say that this entire ordering process has made me lose faith in Ford. I currently own a 22 Bronco and a 19 Expedition. I ordered a new Expedition on 11/2. I knew that it would be a bit of a wait but this has been truly ridiculous. It is not that there are production delays, given the issues in the world I expected delays, it is more about the lack of communication or ability to get any real information on the production. I received and email on 2/3 that my car was being built the week of 2/14. Starting mid Feb., the Ford tracker tool listed in production. For weeks the status stayed the same. I made calls to the Ford marketing center and my dealer and they had no further information. On 3/14 the in production date changed to 3/14. It has remained in this status for three weeks now. I contacted my dealer and their system showed that the truck would be delivered between 3/30 and 4/5. Last week I called the marketing center and twice I was told that the Hold status would be lifted and the truck would be shipped this week. As of today, the truck is still in a hold status. Now I am hearing that they are removing options and sending vehicles out incomplete. I have asked for a supervisor call back numerous times. The marketing center states that a supervisor will call back within 48 hours. I have never received a call back. I have called the Ford executive office and have been put into a voicemail box at least 3 different times. The message states that someone will call back within 1 business day, no call ever received. All I want to know is 1.) when will the parts be in to finish my truck? 2.) will I receive a complete (finished) vehicle or will there be items that will be left of with a promise to finish later? If I receive the answers to my questions then I can make a decision if I want to wait or move on to another vehicle from another manufacturer. Ford customer service is terrible. I have worked for large multinational corporations for my entire career and have never seen such a ridiculous customer experience. There is no one, Ford Dealer, Ford Marketing Center, Executive Offices, etc. that can provide any information to allow customers to make informed decisions.

Also, Ford is allowing vehicles to slip out of the factory into the hands of dealers. These are not special order vehicles that a consumer has not picked up but rather stock orders for dealerships. These dealer inventory cars are being sold for over MSRP. Ford knows about it and is condoning it. The general view on this forum seems to be oh well I guess I will just have to wait and put up with the horrible customer service. If that is the choice of the customer that is ok. My patience is wearing thin. I don't know how much longer I can support a company that shows a complete lack of consideration for its customers. This is more than just a parts issue, this is an overall management breakdown.
Having been involved in some form of production in my past, I can both sympathize with you, at yet at the same time, understand why this is happening. With that said, let me explain a little as to why you may not be getting timely responses.

1: You call in and inquire, request a supervisor to contact you with answers
2: Supervisor then calls Ford corporate to find out what the story is so they can give you a qualified answer per your request
3: Ford corp calls production team
4: Production team calls inventory appropriations
5: Inventory appropriations then calls acquisitions
6: Various acquisitions employees then make calls to the suppliers for the parts in question that are needed to build or finish your vehicle
7: Those suppliers then call their suppliers asking for an ETA on the parts they need to finish the parts for your vehicle so they can get back to their customer.
8: Those suppliers then call their suppliers asking for an ETA on the parts they need to finish the parts for your vehicle so they can get back to their customer.
9: Those suppliers then call their suppliers asking for an ETA on the parts they need to finish the parts for your vehicle so they can get back to their customer.
10: Those suppliers then call their suppliers asking for an ETA on the parts they need to finish the parts for your vehicle so they can get back to their customer.
11: After some time, all suppliers have hopefully gotten calls back from their suppliers, and have then called their customers to let them know what the ETA is for the parts.
12: Various calls back through the supply food chain finally reach Ford customer service, a supervisor then has the information in hand to call their long list of customers back to let them know what they have been told.
13: You as the customer still feel frustrated, angry, disgusted by the lack of a prompt response, yet after reading this, have a better understanding of why their is a delay in both a call back, and your vehicle not being produced in what you consider a timely fashion.

With 10's of thousands of small parts and/or/in sub assemblies being produced, all it takes is one broken down truck, bad weather delay, production line breakdown, or faulty/incorrect parts to one supplier, to create a cascade effect for the end user/manufacturer.

Hope this is somewhat helpful from a fellow orderee awaiting his 2022 Expedition to make it into production.

Bill

twinturbodude7

Reaction score
I just emailed my dealer and they said I'm scheduled for production on 4/27. Hopefully that's accurate.

Last edited:

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I get that their system may not be designed to give up to second updates. But when I have someone from Marketing flat out tell me there is a date, but they are not allowed to give it, makes you think what else they may be holding back that they actually have. Then to have a supervisor tell me it has been noted on my account that they can provide the info when I call now, just adds to the shadiness. I get it, a lot of companies are going through problems with parts, but you should be careful telling customers who are trying to but an $80K vehicle that kind of stuff. But, I have been waiting since 11/5 for this vehicle that I custom picked out. As of now, it doesn't appear that anything has been removed from mine, that people are getting removed from theirs now. That could always change, but at this point, I may not know until I pick the vehicle up one day from my dealer.

I sympathize with you, I ordered a few days before and mine is equally as expensive.
I'm not defending ford, their marking team is likely not well versed on these kind of requests. That or they have some ridiculous process on providing information. Take what they say with a grain of salt. I call every week, every week I get vague and slightly different answers. Not good for customer service for sure.
I'm also hoping nothing is removed from mine either, so far it seems to be "built" just waiting on a "chip". But like you, i'll only know for sure when it shows up.
I agree with @mrmustang post, these systems are fragile and cumbersome.

Cadet7263

Reaction score
I sympathize with you, I ordered a few days before and mine is equally as expensive.
I'm not defending ford, their marking team is likely not well versed on these kind of requests. That or they have some ridiculous process on providing information. Take what they say with a grain of salt. I call every week, every week I get vague and slightly different answers. Not good for customer service for sure.
I'm also hoping nothing is removed from mine either, so far it seems to be "built" just waiting on a "chip". But like you, i'll only know for sure when it shows up.
I agree with @mrmustang post, these systems are fragile and cumbersome.
I haven't bothered calling this week. Based on the Blue Oval Forum, guy who works the Expedition line said none coming off have been waiting on chips, but they are waiting on Windshield wiper motors, and the ETA for those to come in is tomorrow sometime. I figured it would take a good week or two after tomorrow for them to get installed and shipped out. My estimated delivery was 4/23-4/29, which I don't see happening. I am guessing Mid May.

momof3girls

Reaction score
F7497C37-4665-4CE4-B39D-45682C98FE3F.png

New here! Ordered 11/17
Hopefully it won’t be much longer, patience is wearing thin. Almost 5 months of waiting!

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven't bothered calling this week. Based on the Blue Oval Forum, guy who works the Expedition line said none coming off have been waiting on chips, but they are waiting on Windshield wiper motors, and the ETA for those to come in is tomorrow sometime. I figured it would take a good week or two after tomorrow for them to get installed and shipped out. My estimated delivery was 4/23-4/29, which I don't see happening. I am guessing Mid May.

Yea, I heard the same. I'm guessing around the same time for mine.
My bigger concern is how they install the wiper motors. these things are all lined up in a parking lot. from what I've heard, it's literally a team of people running from car to car.
I i'll have to just do a good inspection of the paint, clips, and gaps when i get delivery.