2022 Expedition Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

murrdawg50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did get my email. 2/14 build date was confirmed
I just got an “adjustment” email this evening from Ford saying my order’s production week was moved from the week of 3/7 to 3/14. I guess priority may be a coming into play now

AJMF1991

Reaction score
Same for me. I ordered a 302A limited with captains seats and no RES. It does have the sync 4A though. I ordered 11/02 and I was scheduled for the week of 3/7. I just got the email saying I’ve been rescheduled for the week of 3/14.

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm still Feb 23 (scheduled to day). Now I'm kind of hoping it doesn't arrive until the 15th or later, since I assume I'll get some sort of profit-sharing check that day. I'm guessing there won't be special financing rates for the new model, so it's looking like I'll want to put as much cash into it as seems reasonable.

Mxer0022

Reaction score
I think everyone is getting emails today! Got the official email from Ford saying the vehicle is scheduled for the week of March 7th. Their dang tracking system still won’t work though
I got a second email last night bumping our build week from Mar 7th to Mar 14th.

Are you guys getting errors saying to use a valid Ford VIN?

murrdawg50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got a second email last night bumping our build week from Mar 7th to Mar 14th.

Are you guys getting errors saying to use a valid Ford VIN?
Yup, still getting the same error message. I believe someone on here mentioned the tracking system might not work until closer to the build date of the vehicle or even after the vehicle has been built.

bbenz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also got the same email moving it out a week from March 7th to the 14th. I read yesterday that Ford was having more chip shortages and was halting some assembly lines temporarily which I figured is leading to the adjustments.

RetiredSOB

Reaction score
How does it work with the trade when you’re ordering a new Expedition? Do they tell you the trade value at time of ordering but that it’s subject to change upon delivery of the new vehicle?

I was wondering about this as well. Anyone else trading in a car?

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Typically, a dealer will offer you a trade amount, then give you 24-48 hours to trade it in on the spot. The downside is that you are then without that specific vehicle, as they consider it theirs to do with as they please. Otherwise, they can appraise your vehicle for trade value the day before you pick up your new toy.

Bill

murrdawg50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We will be trading in my ‘19 F150 STX 4x4 to get my wife the expedition we ordered. I have a 2000 F250 2wd with a 7.3L in it. I don’t need two full size trucks and my wife’s 2012 GMC Acadia killed over on us, hence why we’ll be trading in my truck for her new expedition to help with the payments. The dealer told me they aren’t predicting the used vehicle market to dive anytime soon, so they don’t think I’ll get hurt too much on my trade in once the expedition makes it to the dealership. They’re still gonna give me $4k more (or at least that’s what they are saying) than what I bought the truck for brand new 2.5 years ago, so seems like a good deal to me. Not very often you can make money off of a vehicle you bought brand new off the lot.

Mxer0022

Reaction score
I just got an “adjustment” email this evening from Ford saying my order’s production week was moved from the week of 3/7 to 3/14. I guess priority may be a coming into play now
Nah priority has nothing to do with it. I'm a priority 10 and I got bumped. Could be the chip shortage causing the delay.

Get used to it everyone. Build dates are gonna be changing. Last year I think the build date on my truck changed 4 or 5 times. That was with both covid shut downs and semiconductor shortages though. Hoping this build will be a lot less volatile.

I'm wondering if they purposely took down the tracking website because they were catching so much shit from last year. The fact that it doesn't work because it's not close enough to the build Date isn't true. When I ordered my truck last year I could pull it up on the tracker as soon as I got a VIN.