2022 Limited SPP - Front Headrest Tilt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ak49

Reaction score
I ended up replacing my headrests with the Platinum version. Cost was $350 CAD each (that was with a discount). I ordered black, but the stitching is a different color (orange vs red). I don't mind and you probably wouldn't notice unless I told you.

I do feel the adjustable headrests make a big difference to me and are way more comfortable.
@cjack Would you mind posting the part numbers for the adjustable headrest you ordered? I've had it with these fixed position headrests. We went on a few hour drive a few days ago and my neck was killing me for hours after returning home. I'll probably take the platinum ones to an upholsterer and have them recovered in matching green leather.

Infra246

Reaction score
You can also just take them out and bend the posts a little to chnage the angle. Get some cardboard to protect it and get someone heavy to stand or kneel on the headrest with a piece of wood on top. Then take a piece of thicker pipe or square tube that slides over the postd and bend them. You don't need to bend them much to change the angle to a more comfortable angle.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can also just take them out and bend the posts a little to chnage the angle. Get some cardboard to protect it and get someone heavy to stand or kneel on the headrest with a piece of wood on top. Then take a piece of thicker pipe or square tube that slides over the postd and bend them. You don't need to bend them much to change the angle to a more comfortable angle.
Mine are like 3/8 diameter steel. You’d need considerable leverage to bend these.
I also would be interested in the model number for the adjustable head rests.

Infra246

Reaction score
You only need a 2ft piece of pipe. I posted about this back in 2010 on another forum when they first came out with these ridiculous angle headrests. That post has many comments from people doing it and thousands of views, it is not that difficult to do. Just need to firmly hold it in place while applying pressure. I would definitely try before spending $750 cad.

chiguy79

Reaction score
So glad I found this post. Was about to make an offer on limited SPP assuming it had adjustable headrest as my wife and I have different preferred headrest positions. Can't believe they don't include this on a car @ 90k MSRP. I presume getting an adjustable one with matching SPP covers will be near impossible (black w red stitching)...I guess I will have to hold out to find one with RES.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In my area we have 2 huge salvage yards that have wrecked Expeditions. Check online to see f you have one close to you. you may get lucky and find the headrests you are looking for. I can say from my experience, parts are dirt cheap. I purchased a perfect black liftgate panel for mine for $30.
Here is a link to one of he largest nationwide yards: lkq pick your part

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire