2022 Limited SPP - Front Headrest Tilt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They deleted all kinds of these options from 2018 on up, but I think the 2020's were some of the last ones with the adjustable headrests. I couldn't live with those...... Either buy the old ones and swap them, or something.

veedub

Reaction score
I want to replace my fixed ones as well. 2021 Expedition. What part number should I be looking for to make sure they tilt?

ak49

Reaction score
The headrests of my 2022 Timberline are fixed and tilted way too far forward for me. I'd buy some platinum headrests, but I doubt I'd be able to get them in a matching green leather.

Last edited:

maxlim2022

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the RES might be a PITA to live with but I'm sure glad i got it if only for the tilt feature of the head rest. I would have had to replace the headrests otherwise. it unbelievable the degree to which ford is reducing convenient contents, at a level which might not be obvious is a brief test drive or online purchase. head rest likes seats should be adjustable for different type of heads - I realize may sport cars and recaro seats do not have this feature, but those headrests by design tend to fit most necks and are physiologically designed and often are a single piece with the seat back

ak49

Reaction score
Why would RES be a pain to live with? And, has anyone retrofitted it to a vehicle that didn't come with it from the factory?

maxlim2022

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why would RES be a pain to live with? And, has anyone retrofitted it to a vehicle that didn't come with it from the factory?
there is at least a couple thread on RES issues/resolution attempts. They (RES) have not been working reliably in the 2022s and have led to battery drain in one of our forum members at least. Mine too failed on the day I first tried it out - day after purchase. Have unplugged and replugged it a number of times and finally just let it be as I had no intention of running to a dealership while they reset it without a true solution. There has however been an over the air update a couple of days ago, which appears to be making the system function better... time will tell

OP
OP
C

cjack

Reaction score
I ended up replacing my headrests with the Platinum version. Cost was $350 CAD each (that was with a discount). I ordered black, but the stitching is a different color (orange vs red). I don't mind and you probably wouldn't notice unless I told you.

I do feel the adjustable headrests make a big difference to me and are way more comfortable.

ak49

Reaction score
I'd totally do that if I could get them in the matching green leather.

OP
OP
C

cjack

Reaction score
I'd totally do that if I could get them in the matching green leather.
Maybe black would look ok? Maybe too different? Kind of upsets me, the cost to Ford must be like $4 per headrest...

ak49

Reaction score
I just went out to Ford's site to see what other versions and colors of headrest were available. It appears that Ford is no longer offering the same form factor of headrest on the higher optioned 2023 Timberline. Unfortunately, it also looks like they did away with the green color.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett