2023 Limited Left Front Wheel Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fordman1976

Reaction score
I just took delivery of a 2023 Limited 302A package, HD Trailer Tow with 3.73 gear. After driving it about 200 miles I began to hear what sounds like gear whine from the left front wheel area. Then I thought it might be a tire with belt separation. The more I listened, I began to hear what sounds like a scrubbing or brake pad slipping on decels and braking. When it hits a bump in the road, sounds like something is loose inside the wheel area. Scratching my head on both of these. This is my third Expedition. My last one was al leased 2019. Nor issues at all with it. As amatter of fact, after I drove the 2023 home, I wished I had the 2019 back.

So enough said. I made an appointment with the dealership, not the useless one that I purchased it from, but a more customer oriented one. So, they could'nt verify the scrubbing noised nor the tire noise. The explanation was the electronic brake booster. That was the source of the noise. I don't believe it. Is the electronic brake booster new for 2023? Anyone know? It just seems like this scrubbing noise is something that shouldn't be for a $76K vehicle. Has anyone with a 2022-23 Expedition had a similar problem with front end noise? I did not verify whether the passenger side has the same noise. I am hoping someone has an answer. Not sure what to do next. Contact Ford I guess. I am a retired Ford Engine Development engineer, wishing I had more suspension experience. Please reply. Thanks.

OP
OP
F

Fordman1976

Reaction score
I did that. As I moved the tire I did hear a noise as I moved it side to side. Did the same thinf with the right side and still heard noise. Sounds too loose to me. Seems to be coming from the axle.

Now I have an appointment for Thursday at a different dealership. Hope they can find something.

OP
OP
F

Fordman1976

Reaction score
I recently noticed that on decels and downshifts, the noise or something loose sound, occurs when about to stop. Decels from gear 7 on down. I have 4-Wheel drive and HD Trailer Tow package as well. I now have 3400 miles and no appointment until August 21st. I am about to take it on a 2000 mile trip. Hope nothing breaks down on my trip. Hope they can find the issue on my next appointment. In the mean time I have to put up with this noise on a $75K vehicle.

Anyone else having this issue or a similar one?