2022 LTD MAX 4WD tires - The Generals gotta go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just put a set of Toyo open country HT on. So far so good, will be interesting to see how they last.

Overtow

Reaction score
I’ve got 12000 miles on these stupid Generals. I didn’t like them in the beginning but I thought I’d chill out and ride ‘em for a while and give them a chance. Enough is enough. with the exception of balancing issues that Ive read about, I’m experiencing everything else.

I don’t off road this thing. Aside from some long gravel driveways that get washed out and beat up boat ramps, this rig is 99% pavement.
Light towing
loads of highway
10-20 days a year in snow/ice

What does the forum braintrust recommend on these 22s?

I put on a set of these in June/2022 and love them. Improved handling, better gas mileage, heavier-rated (I tow a large boat), and 20k miles in they are wearing great. Would recommend 10/10.

Current price at Sams Club (July/23):

1688656406975.png

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got a "used" '22 with 13k on it with Generals. Why are they bad?

My previous Expys had Hankooks and they seemed fine even with the extra aggressive tread.

BSarchet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got a "used" '22 with 13k on it with Generals. Why are they bad?

My previous Expys had Hankooks and they seemed fine even with the extra aggressive tread.
I haven’t had any issues with mine. Nearly 16k miles. Getting nice even wear, no traction issues, no road noise complaints. Did great in the snow and ice last winter. People have strong opinions but I didn’t experience the flat spots or balancing issues that have given a
Bad taste (understandably).

4CHN8

Reaction score
I put on a set of these in June/2022 and love them. Improved handling, better gas mileage, heavier-rated (I tow a large boat), and 20k miles in they are wearing great. Would recommend 10/10.

Current price at Sams Club (July/23):

View attachment 78109
Could not agree more. These are excellent tires. Would not hesitate to buy them again.

AKFordTrekR

Reaction score
I am running "Cooper Discovery AT 3 4s" on my wife's 2020 Limited Steath 285/45 R22. She loves them on the it and also loved them on the 2012 F120 that it replaced. We live in Anchorage AK and they do very well in snow.

firstexp

Reaction score
We changed from OE hankooks on our 2018 expedition to pirelli scorpion verde (which I think may be standard on Lincoln?) .. anyway- big difference in ride quality and sound improvement very happy w them

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am running "Cooper Discovery AT 3 4s" on my wife's 2020 Limited Steath 285/45 R22. She loves them on the it and also loved them on the 2012 F120 that it replaced. We live in Anchorage AK and they do very well in snow.
Hello
I too am looking at the Cooper AT 3's in that same size too. Do you have a pic you can share?