2022 Redesign thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I look at the outside of my truck way more than the inside. All I see inside is a dash, steering wheel, and windshield.
When you consider all the hours you are driving a vehicle and looking at the dash and other interior items, I find it hard to believe you look at the outside more. But if you say so.

maxxplatinum9137

Reaction score
When you consider all the hours you are driving a vehicle and looking at the dash and other interior items, I find it hard to believe you look at the outside more. But if you say so.
I stare at both of my vehicles every time I get out of them. They are far from stock, I detail them monthly, hours of taking care of them. I don’t look at my dash and other interior items when I drive. My eyes are in the road, but Ive seen plenty of drivers distracted by their items they have inside their vehicles or the fancy buttons and screens. It’s just sad that I see them as I’m using hydraulic tools to pry the metal of the vehicle away from them in the accident they caused because they were more worried about the fancy things inside their vehicle than outside. Be careful when you drive looking at all those fancy interior commodities pal

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Waste of time to debate this topic. Looks are subjective all day long, to the OP, if you’re not a big fan I wouldn’t drop 65k+ on this purchase. Talk about buyers remorse.
GM has a few decent offerings, Lincoln is different front end but same underpinnings, new Toyota is promising (just not in the 3rd row). Capitalism at its finest, you get options.

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I stare at both of my vehicles every time I get out of them. They are far from stock, I detail them monthly, hours of taking care of them. I don’t look at my dash and other interior items when I drive. My eyes are in the road, but Ive seen plenty of drivers distracted by their items they have inside their vehicles or the fancy buttons and screens. It’s just sad that I see them as I’m using hydraulic tools to pry the metal of the vehicle away from them in the accident they caused because they were more worried about the fancy things inside their vehicle than outside. Be careful when you drive looking at all those fancy interior commodities pal
I personally avoid looking at that fancy tech stuff while driving as well. You are right there are many who prefer to do that and they can pay the ultimate price doing so.

The point I was trying to make is most people are in their car for long amounts of time so the inside interior is more important than how it looks on the outside. That is where I am.

Last edited:

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Honestly, it looks pretty good in the right trim. It's true, the pre refresh platty was a looker and is better looking than the current platty. I think the stealth package makes it the best looking truck in its class, to include all trims of ots competitors. However, everyone is saying it's ugly, what looks better? The only good looking gm is the denali and even it doesn't know what it wants to be, a tractor or semi with its swimming pool grille. The lower trim yukons are meh. Tahoes...just no. The armada is old as all get out and isn't very cohesive lookin. The new sequoia looks good, but overly large and bloated. Same as wagoneer, except not as good looking. Only thing Saving the wagoneer is its interior, but I hate how the regular 10 in screen leaves a 2in border around the display.

CDNRabbit

Reaction score
Not having seen a 22 in person, I reserve the right to change my mind ... but I like the refreshed front end. The old one was handsome but always looked dated in my opinion. Even though, I didn't pick it based on the looks. I needed a 6+ passenger SUV that gives you access to the third row with child seat attached, tow +7000lbs and carry at least 1500lbs at altitude, is comfortable on cross country road trips, and in a pinch fits 4x8 sheet goods. My options are Wagoneer or the Expy and I found the interior of the Wagoneer to be a complete letdown and it was going to be almost $10k more.

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like it too. Like someone else upthread didn't quite say, the current generation looks a little feminine. That's something I will overlook because it's a damned nice truck, but at least the 2022 looks a little more refined, a little less soccer mom.

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think it looks really sharp in the Stealth, not so much in other trims.

66Galaxie

Reaction score
Agree, it looks much better with the stealth pkg grill.

Vinyl wrapping the grill bars around the headlights on the non stealth pkg would also help it look better.

tacoduck

Reaction score
I don’t understand why they raised the belt line in the 2018 refresh. Same with the Tahoe/Denali. Is it for increased side impact protection? I am partial to the 15-17 models vs the 18-22 years. Same engine, less tech, and cheaper to buy.