2022 screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Someone that is going to take their eyes off the road for an extended period of time to browse a huge screen is a bad driver...regardless of the screen size that's in front of them.

If dropping a large screen in these vehicles is evidence that Ford is actually committed to keeping the Expedition fresh and on-trend, then I am all for it. That's a much better approach than the one they took with Gens 2 and 3 which basically amounted to "well, people bought this vehicle a few years back, so let's not change anything and let it get stale and outdated so we can lose gobs and gobs of market share to the point that we almost surrender the segment to the GM Triplets."

The consumer demands bigger screens. I'm happy to see Ford listening to the consumer.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agreed, but some consumer also demand choice. Just like so many folks on here want a platinum without a panoramic sunroof. I would be one. Same, I think I'd be good with smaller, more streamlined screens with physical buttons. But again, to streamline costs you likely won't get options.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agreed, but some consumer also demand choice. Just like so many folks on here want a platinum without a panoramic sunroof. I would be one. Same, I think I'd be good with smaller, more streamlined screens with physical buttons. But again, to streamline costs you likely won't get options.
In the Explorer the ginormous screen only comes on the Platinum trim. I wonder if it would be trim-specific in the Expis as well.

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In the Explorer the ginormous screen only comes on the Platinum trim. I wonder if it would be trim-specific in the Expis as well.
Have a 2020 Explorer ST with the large screen
The same as the platinum
Wanted the ST for the engine which when tuned runs like a bat outa h---l:burnout:
Could have done with out the big screen though

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have a 2020 Explorer ST with the large screen
The same as the platinum
Wanted the ST for the engine which when tuned runs like a bat outa h---l:burnout:
Could have done with out the big screen though

Ah, my apologies. I should restate and say it’s on the “top end” trims, aka the “go fast” top end trim (ST) and the “luxurious” top end trim (Platinum).

I’m trying to get my wife excited about an explorer for her next vehicle and that’s how I’ve pitched it “do you want the fancy luxury one or the fancy hot one?”

3rd Expyowner123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would anticipate the Expy getting the 2021 F150 larger screen option. Be surprised if they design something exclusively for the Expedition.

mwl001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would anticipate the Expy getting the 2021 F150 larger screen option. Be surprised if they design something exclusively for the Expedition.
I agree, if they make a more radical departure from f150 it will be upon a complete redesign not a refresh.

wingrider

Reaction score
I hate that huge screen. I can't believe it is making me re-think moving to another SUV like the Grand Wagoneer instead when I get a new one in the next year or so. Other brands are doing a better job with info screens and even the current F-150 is better.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my guess is expy base screen will be the same as the new 150, with the velcro’d on ipad option for certain trims only. i only hope they don’t force you into the ipad with the hybrid off-road trim <>

wingrider

Reaction score
my guess is expy base screen will be the same as the new 150, with the velcro’d on ipad option for certain trims only. i only hope they don’t force you into the ipad with the hybrid off-road trim <>

It would be great if the screen alone was a separate order item- like HD tow.
That way I could not select it....