2022 screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kind of irrelevant what you guys want. The market is moving in the direction of screens everywhere. If Ford doesn’t keep up they’ll be left behind by the competition. Look at the Escalade and Wagoneer.

The whole market is moving in that direction.

Just like muave shag carpet....market moving that way or not it’s ugly now and forever will be seen as ugly. Big difference between this ugly iPad tack-on screen and what Tesla and RAM do to incorporate it into the interior.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Kind of irrelevant what you guys want. The market is moving in the direction of screens everywhere. If Ford doesn’t keep up they’ll be left behind by the competition. Look at the Escalade and Wagoneer.

The whole market is moving in that direction.
Totally get it, just the hierocracy of the situation.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll keep mine until it dies before I'll buy anything with that nasty I pad throw on the dash.

If I did upgrade, It'll force me to buy an XLT so I don't get this dumb thing.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I won’t upgrade just for a bigger screen or better infotainment.

But when It is time to upgrade, I would welcome a huge screen!

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree, the new F-150 is really well done. IMO. Ford has always said the working man needs knobs that can be used with gloves on. But they might not think that for the new Expy with the screen wars that are going on. Oh well, I am still waiting for my flying car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How do all these screens help people pay attention to driving?
There are so many incidents of accidents caused by people's inattention to driving how can a big screen be a good thing???
Give me a switch, knob or dial any day and I don't have to look away from the road to use it.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it is relevant what we want, but only to ourselves. might just have to stay in an older model vehicle in order to keep more physical buttons.

I prefer the screen on the 2021 F-150s.

+1 on the new 150 screen. good balance

Last edited:

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are so many incidents of accidents caused by people's inattention to driving how can a big screen be a good thing???
Give me a switch, knob or dial any day and I don't have to look away from the road to use it.

Exactly.....

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score

So well said! And like I called out before. Between one version of Sync3 to the next, Ford removed the ability to browse a folder on a USB drive if the vehicle is moving due to "Safety Concerns" but yet a touch only big screen in the middle is somehow safe? At least the screen where it is now, it's only 2-3 inches away from the front sight lines. A screen that size, you practically have to look down at your knees for some functions.