2022 Timberline Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pikester24

Reaction score
What's up everyone, hope you're all doing well. I have a '22 Timberline on order that should be here in the next week or two as it is currently in transport according to my dealer. My question is, does anyone know why the Timberline isn't offered with the LED Tail lights, but still has everything else top of the line when we added the 501A package? Kind of irritates me to just now find this out, especially when the Limited Stealth Performance package is the same price as ours but comes with the new LED tail lamps.

Thanks so much!

rvmode

Reaction score
What's up everyone, hope you're all doing well. I have a '22 Timberline on order that should be here in the next week or two as it is currently in transport according to my dealer. My question is, does anyone know why the Timberline isn't offered with the LED Tail lights, but still has everything else top of the line when we added the 501A package? Kind of irritates me to just now find this out, especially when the Limited Stealth Performance package is the same price as ours but comes with the new LED tail lamps.

Thanks so much!
I ordered a loaded up 501A too (minus RES and engine block heater) Noticed the LED tail lights were not included and they certainly do look like a slick upgrade. Don't beat yourself up about it... I'd be more irritated if I ordered a Platinum and couldnt get a 440HP engine. In doing some quick digging, the new LED tail lights wont be plug and play, so I'll likely swap in a few LED bulbs and see if/when a trusted tech has a confident idea of how to retrofit.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Someone on the 18+ Expedition FB group took delivery of their 22 Timberline. It has LED taillights.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1647366632172.jpg
    FB_IMG_1647366632172.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 133

rvmode

Reaction score
Someone on the 18+ Expedition FB group took delivery of their 22 Timberline. It has LED taillights.
While both tail lights do have some LED components, the "New LED" tail lights referred to here on this post do not come in the Timberline. Attached are tail lights from a White Timberline compared to a White Platinum. I think I'll have taillight envy especially at night, which I do prefer over cases of horsepower envy and off road envy.

Attachments

• 22PlatinumLEDtaillight.jpg
    22PlatinumLEDtaillight.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 22TimberlineLEDtaillight.jpg
    22TimberlineLEDtaillight.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 107
OP
OP
P

pikester24

Reaction score
I ordered a loaded up 501A too (minus RES and engine block heater) Noticed the LED tail lights were not included and they certainly do look like a slick upgrade. Don't beat yourself up about it... I'd be more irritated if I ordered a Platinum and couldnt get a 440HP engine. In doing some quick digging, the new LED tail lights wont be plug and play, so I'll likely swap in a few LED bulbs and see if/when a trusted tech has a confident idea of how to retrofit.
Appreciate it man. Hopefully it'll be here soon. Just one of those things, literally has every single other option, except the LED tail lights. Oh well haha.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is a conversion harness available on EBay that will make swapping the twilight plug-n-play. It is currently for the 18-21 but I guess will be compatible with the 22+

That said, I thought about it and decided to keep my cheapo old style ones. I broke a taillight last month and ended up paying $300 to replace it. The LED ones are above $800. You also have to change the whole assembly if your LED stops working, rather than a $1 bulb replacement.

The LED ones do look cool though :)

rallyhard

Reaction score
There is a conversion harness available on EBay that will make swapping the twilight plug-n-play. It is currently for the 18-21 but I guess will be compatible with the 22+

That said, I thought about it and decided to keep my cheapo old style ones. I broke a taillight last month and ended up paying $300 to replace it. The LED ones are above $800. You also have to change the whole assembly if your LED stops working, rather than a $1 bulb replacement.

The LED ones do look cool though :)
Do you have a link to this wire harness?