2023 Limited - Wiper leaving water marks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josephzac

Reaction score
Hey All,

I picked up my 2023 limited stealth last week, and on sunday when it rained in DMV area, i noticed that the front wiper was not fully wiping off the water when it was rotating clockwise. And only when its rotating back, it was clearing the full water on the windshield. This caused me great difficulty while driving at night even with wiper running at full speed.

Has anyone faced this issue?
Will the dealer change it free of cost? as its just been not even a week of purchase of the new car?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey All,

I picked up my 2023 limited stealth last week, and on sunday when it rained in DMV area, i noticed that the front wiper was not fully wiping off the water when it was rotating clockwise. And only when its rotating back, it was clearing the full water on the windshield. This caused me great difficulty while driving at night even with wiper running at full speed.

Has anyone faced this issue?
Will the dealer change it free of cost? as its just been not even a week of purchase of the new car?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Read your vehicle warranty coverage booklet to determine if the wiper blade(s) are covered. Some wear items have a shorter initial warranty period that the rest of the vehicle.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Take some isopropyl alcohol and a rag and clean the blades. Chances are it just has some release agent left on it from manufacturing.

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Take some isopropyl alcohol and a rag and clean the blades. Chances are it just has some release agent left on it from manufacturing.

Agree.

Also, clean the windshield with something strong-ish like window cleaner. Could be residue on the glass causing streaking.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also going thru automated car washes that reuse water will put all kinds of filmy crap on your windshield that you don't notice till the wipers streak it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett