2023 one month ownership views.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had my '23 for a month now and apart from a couple of minor quirks loving it.

<snip>

4. Rear lift gate when operated from outside will sometimes only just unlock and move 6 inches and a second button push on the lift gate required to fully open, other times will move fully open on one push. Dealer going to investigate when I can get it in next.

If this only happens when the truck is locked you probably need the rear hatch module flashed with the update.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Regarding the pre-collision operation...with my '19, it seemed to me that the pre-collision warnings seemed to adapt to my driving style. When mine was brand new, it never alerted. I was so concerned that my dealer set up a time when a Ford engineer was on-site and we drove it together. That day, the only time I could provoke an alert was to actually accelerate towards a semi braking ahead of me. The engineer stated that proved it was working as intended, however since then it has alerted more frequently--mainly when coming up on a vehicle slowing to make a right hand turn. Even if that vehicle is in a designated right turn lane, it will still alert, but it's still a rare occasion.

KetMalice

Reaction score
#5...I got ya bud. I don't use wireless carplay because it crashes all the time. So I have a cord plugged in to the cubby at the bottom where the wireless charging pad is, specifically I use USB-C. Sometimes when I reach down there to grab something, or pick my phone up...that cord that is charging, if it gets within 1/2 an inch of the screen it starts "touching stuff". It's the most annoying design ever.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
#5...I got ya bud. I don't use wireless carplay because it crashes all the time. So I have a cord plugged in to the cubby at the bottom where the wireless charging pad is, specifically I use USB-C. Sometimes when I reach down there to grab something, or pick my phone up...that cord that is charging, if it gets within 1/2 an inch of the screen it starts "touching stuff". It's the most annoying design ever.
That whole charging pad area was not well thought out.

OP
OP
Avee8tor

Avee8tor

Reaction score
If this only happens when the truck is locked you probably need the rear hatch module flashed with the update.
Apparently there's a service bulletin to cover this but they will only do it when it goes in for a service. So it will be done at 10,000 mi service

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That whole charging pad area was not well thought out.
I told my wife the same thing. It’s like Ford has a bunch of geeks who never actually drive vehicles. You have to have a double jointed wrist to get your phone out of there.

bryz_expy

Reaction score
In the 2018-2021 the hands free lift gate can’t be turned off through SYNC or IPC menus. Possibly in the 22+

My 2019 I physically disconnected the sensor in the lower left rear bumper fascia because this is a poor design. Works when I didn’t want it to, and when I tried using it wouldn’t work. It bumped me one too many times when loading something.

No issues or error messages since disconnected two years ago.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360