20k review with issues i have noticed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2020ExpyPlatinum

Reaction score
It has been 20,000 since I bought this vehicle brand new and these are the list of things I have noticed with this vehicle.

- horrible rattle at idle speeds / slow speeds coming from the turbo waste gate linkage from what I have researched.
- transmission occasionally downshifts/shifts up and bangs really hard. Really noticed this in the mountains, but it hits so hard it really is concerning. Very random and I can not duplicate it on demand.
- wind noise coming from the drivers side mirror around 55mph and it sounds like a whistle. If you search threads another member has isolated this issue and fixed it with some foam backer rod in the mirror.
- just recently XM radio has not been working and I couldn't select it. Ended up doing a hard reset and about 10 soft resets of the radio and it hasn't been an issue since. I should also note that when this happened for whatever reason the memory seats lost their memory on my wife's key.

All in all this vehicle had been really a joy to drive, but these turbo waste gate linkage rattles at idle and low speeds is embarrassing and really sounds like crap on an 80,000 dollar vehicle.

I plan on taking it into ford for this and opening a complaint. Maybe if enough of us complain of this KNOWN issue we can get it fixed. It really seems to be a design flaw from everything I have read and I am not sure if replacing the turbos will he a permanent fix or not.

These were my experiences of this vehicle after owning it for a little over a year and a half and 20,000 miles.

I would love to read responses from others and what their experiences have been.