22 Expedition Loud and Vibrates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Scooter455

Scooter455

Reaction score
I'm right there with you. Bought a 2023 brand new which I ordered in late 2022. The ride quality of this vehicle is flat out terrible. My kids are bouncing around like bobbleheads in the second row. The quality of these vehicles aren't what they used to be. My door trim is misaligned, my hood had a huge gap, my instrument panel has a noticeable large gap, my front middle speak cover was warped, even slight imperfection in the road shakes the car violently, etc. I'm done being loyal to Ford, and I'm going to take a big loss on this vehicle and switch to another brand. I hate to be negative but I'm not the only one dealing with these issues, and a new car shouldn't have this many issues!
My 2022 have the same issues. Ride, fit and finish is terrible, and the vibration makes for miserable driving. I even have light spots in the paint!
Total waste of time and money. MY 2016 Limited was perfect. I think they rushed these models through to try and keep production going with the 3rd shift crew. Taking it back again next week.
I looked underneath it the other day to see if the exhaust could be causing the vibration /resonating through the vehicle and all the mounts seed to be very good and the rubber isolators seemed soft enough to control it. There is a mount under the transmission that I'm a little curious about though. Its where the driver side pipe crosses over to the passenger side pipe. There is a mount between the pan and the tranny crossmember.

OP
OP
Scooter455

Scooter455

Reaction score
I would suggest you trying 18 inches wheels first. My vehicle comes with 20 inches wheels. I feel stiffness whenever the tire pressure rises above 42 psi.
You can try and lower your pressure to 33 cold. I tried that as well - only helps a little.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can try and lower your pressure to 33 cold. I tried that as well - only helps a little.

I have been trying 39 psi starting from the day before yesterday, which is the manufacture suggested value. lol. It has made me feel sort of "softer" in the most recent couple of days, honestly.

Texas

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new here and i have a 2022 Expedition that i bought when i sold my 2016 Expedition Platinum. I can tell you my 2016 was a better car. In 100,000 miles i had it to the shop only twice. It was an awesome vehicle. I have read the posts and answers about the vibration and loud exhaust issues. My 2022 does the same thing. Disappointed from day 1! I have changed tires (Michelin LTX MS) and I have changed wheels (factory came with the machine aluminum 12/18 spoke), had the front half shafts replaced, alignments. Its exhausting the way it drives. I am here to tell you nothing has worked. I still feel the vibration and i have just turned 27,000 miles. My thinking is is a drive shaft, maybe a transfer case, or exhaust vibrating against something? When i accelerate getting on the highway its smooth but soon as i settle in at 75, 76, or 78mph and set the cruise - I can feel it. I grabbed a 23' Platinum today form the dealer and its the same way. a little tighter because new but still has the slight vibration.
I might look for a low mileage 2018 or 19 Navigator. Not sure what to do.
I just had my 20 KR in the shop for vibrations I felt in the rear of my seat while accelerating. They had to replace my driveshaft and u-joint (and all of the ancillary components). Check your u-joint and go from there.

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the '23 Limited with SPP. After reading these threads, I must say that so far, at 2000 mostly highway miles, it rides like a dream. Fit and finish is excellent and ride quality superior. I love the HO purr as it motors down the road!!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani