'22 Ordering questions / options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USKflt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How did you come across your PCO? That's my mission right now...
I’ve gotten one in the mail/email the last couple of years at the end of the year. I ordered brochures in the past before purchases to get them and I’m assuming my info is still on their marketing list. Seems to me it’s a regional thing as my parents usually get one around the same time.

OP
OP
C

chaffdb

Reaction score
Thanks again for all the info and help. Much appreciated.

On the PCO, my folks have gotten one the last couple years, too, and it varied which vehicles it applied to and how much. They have only owned Fords and Lincolns since the '80's, and frankly they are overdue. She has a very low mile '09 Town Car (less than 60k miles, I believe), and he has an '09 F-150 with 160k miles or so on it. Both are in their 80's, with him turning 90 near the end of this month, and they seem content with what they have.

1sttimer

Reaction score
Granger. There are a few discussed on the F150 forums that are still doing under invoice but they’re limited. Mine was 3% under invoice before rebates.
How was it working with Granger? I'm about to order from them, but I'm worried they won't let me use any available rebates at the time it arrives, or I'll get there and they'll have a bunch of add-ons they require. Any funny business?

TxBrian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How was it working with Granger? I'm about to order from them, but I'm worried they won't let me use any available rebates at the time it arrives, or I'll get there and they'll have a bunch of add-ons they require. Any funny business?
I bought my truck from granger (picked up last month) and have an expedition on order from them also.
They are awesome, no funny business, no add ons, etc.
Everything was done via email and all I did when I got there was sign the odometer statement and I was done .
They will honor/add any rebates available at the time you take delivery.

USKflt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought my truck from granger (picked up last month) and have an expedition on order from them also.
They are awesome, no funny business, no add ons, etc.
Everything was done via email and all I did when I got there was sign the odometer statement and I was done .
They will honor/add any rebates available at the time you take delivery.
They seem well received on the F150 forum so I ordered from them. My only concern is my PCO I had at the time of the order. They said if it’s valid they’ll apply it and said this over the phone and via the forum, but they wouldn’t look at it, tell me it was valid or include it on my deal sheet. They also said they don’t lock in rebates at time of order. It has me a little worried they won’t honor it and will instead apply rebates at delivery which likely won’t touch the $3,500 PCO. Fingers crossed I guess. Everything outside of that has been super smooth so far.

mlogan

Reaction score
I would make sure they apply the PCO to your order before it expires - mine expired 1/2/22 and so I made sure it was part of the order - I did all mine via text/email and send photos of the offer to my dealer (even though they're only 10 minutes from my house)

USKflt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would make sure they apply the PCO to your order before it expires - mine expired 1/2/22 and so I made sure it was part of the order - I did all mine via text/email and send photos of the offer to my dealer (even though they're only 10 minutes from my house)
That’s what I’m saying. I did try to get them to lock it in. They wouldn’t but said if it was valid they will apply it to the order. That’s why I’m a little worried.

TxBrian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s what I’m saying. I did try to get them to lock it in. They wouldn’t but said if it was valid they will apply it to the order. That’s why I’m a little worried.
It’s my understanding that is the way Ford does it, rebates and pco’s can’t be locked in ahead of time, it’s whatever rebates are in effect at time of delivery.
Rebates and pco’s are paid by ford not the dealership at delivery.
I have read that ford will extend a expired pco if it’s close to the delivery date but it’s case by case and has to be done by ford not the dealer.
That’s why granger won’t apply it on an order form, they have no way of knowing if it will be valid when the vehicle comes in.
Plenty of people have posted that they got whatever rebates and pco’a were valid upon delivery at Granger.

Last edited:

USKflt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s my understanding that is the way Ford does it, rebates and pco’s can’t be locked in ahead of time, it’s whatever rebates are in effect at time of delivery. I have read that ford will extend a expired pco if it’s close to the delivery date but it’s case by case and has to be done by ford not the dealer.
Unless something has changed, Ford offers an incentive protection program. I.e., dealers can lock in incentives at the time of order. Some dealers opt to do this and some don’t. Usually you can lock them in at the time of order and then take whichever rebates are higher (those when ordered or those when delivered). Participation is decided at the dealer level not by Ford. My source is Ford Customer Service directly as well as multiple dealers.

TxBrian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Unless something has changed, Ford offers an incentive protection program. I.e., dealers can lock in incentives at the time of order. Some dealers opt to do this and some don’t. Usually you can lock them in at the time of order and then take whichever rebates are higher (those when ordered or those when delivered). Participation is decided at the dealer level not by Ford. My source is Ford Customer Service directly as well as multiple dealers.
That makes sense but there has to be a downside for the dealers otherwise there would be no reason to not take part in the program. My guess is it reduces their margin somehow and if they are already discounting, then it may not be worth “participating”