'22 Ordering questions / options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chaffdb

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here and had a few questions before I placed an order. We finally think we've figured out what we want and can't find it in a '21 in the color combination we prefer. We were able to get an X-plan pin, but haven't given it to a dealer yet or let them know we have it. Any tips or suggestions about how to handle that, and will it actually lead to a better price or any priority? I've got a dealer already coming down some on an order and making it pretty attractive. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

We are looking at a Limited Max 4X2 with the following options:

-302A ($1705) - this package has the stuff we want an appears to be pretty reasonable on the '22's. Less than half the cost as on previous years

-Heavy Duty Trailer Tow ($795)- we don't "need" this, per se, but I think we want it. I say this because I seriously doubt we pull anything heavier than probably 5-6k pounds, and most often it will only be a 6x14 utility trailer with a total load in probably the 2k range. However, I like having the trailer brakes and the back up assist should be handy for my wife. I wish it still came with the larger radiator and the eLSD, but alas that was apparently only on '18-21's for the radiator and '18-20's for the eLSD. Most importantly, I really want the 3.73 gears. I've driven both 3.31 and 3.73's in the 4th gen and could feel the difference around town. I know. I would hope so, right? I understand there is some debate on the mileage penalty, but I am leaning pretty heavily this way as I am not convinced it will be much, and possibly not even noticeable, in my real world use.

-CCD w/ susp road preview ($995). Pretty sure we want this from what I have read on the here. The ones I have driven have all had CCD.

-Advanced Cargo Manager ($335). Considering this but figure it could be added later if we needed crossbars.

- we want captain's chairs, but looks like this is standard now on Limiteds

-think we are leaning toward staying with the smaller infotainment screen. I prefer needles on the dash, and the larger screen, no offense, just doesn't look like it fits. Understand we are giving up Sync 4A, dashcards, profiles, and the digital dash, but I think we are ok with that. Am I missing something I might regret with this?

-For that matter, anything else we are missing or should seriously consider? Auto Start-Stop Removal is a "Required Option". Will probably go after market for floor liners and cargo mat unless the Ford ones are exceptionally incredible or something. We live in the South, so don't think we need an engine block heater. My kids have tablets and I have never been wild about built in entertainment systems, especially not for the cost. What else are we missing?

Anyone share a decent price for something like the above? MSRP is $71,485 without Advanced Cargo Manager, $71,820 with it, and $72,615 with it and with the 15.5" screen.

Thanks in advance for the help. I feel like I've already learned a fair amount here, and am looking forward to being a part in the future.

Last edited:

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have a Limited 302a with additional options such as CCD and so on in a 2020. I find it a good choice/balance as you get a well optioned vehicle for a "reasonable" price point.

Stick with the Captains chairs for sure.
Aftermarket floor mats are the way to go, for the rear cargo as well.

I've been pondering a 22 and agree with you about the 12" infotainment vs the 15".

rpw2021

Reaction score
I ordered pretty much the same vehicle last November, except that I also added the eLSD and did not order the CCD.

I didn't opt for the cargo manager - couldn't really figure out what that was, tbh.

I also went with the 12" screen. I definitely would have gone for Sync4A if BlueCruise was included (or even an option), but without that the additional tech wasn't worth it to me.

USKflt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered a Limited Max 4x4 with the 303A, HD tow, CCD, ControlTrac and cargo in December. MSRP is a hair under $79k and paying just over $73k. That’s before any rebates, trade, tax, etc. I had a $3,500 PCO that is not included in the $73k figure. I also went with the 12” screen. I don’t love the speedo/tach style on the digital screen in the F-150 (no ticks or static numbers displayed) and didn’t want my HVAC controls on a screen. Wanted hard buttons so passed on that option. I like the 12” in the F-150.

OP
OP
C

chaffdb

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, all. It is much appreciated.

I ordered pretty much the same vehicle last November, except that I also added the eLSD and did not order the CCD.

I didn't opt for the cargo manager - couldn't really figure out what that was, tbh.

I also went with the 12" screen. I definitely would have gone for Sync4A if BlueCruise was included (or even an option), but without that the additional tech wasn't worth it to me.
Isn't the eLSD (Code 62E for a Limited, King Ranch, and Platinum) only available with 4X4 and includes the 2-speed transfer case? The notes on 62E in the Order Guide appear to say this, and the chart on top of Page 26 of the Order Guide shows this, too, except for the XL 102A (SSV) regular and Max that can get the eLSD in a 4X2.

Advanced Cargo Manager - all that is listed in the '22 Order Guide are the roof cross rails. I thought it used to include a shelf or something for the rear in prior years. I have a nice roof bag we have used on our Highlander, but we likely won't need it moving to a much larger vehicle. Cross rails could be added later if ever needed.

I ordered a Limited Max 4x4 with the 303A, HD tow, CCD, ControlTrac and cargo in December. MSRP is a hair under $79k and paying just over $73k. That’s before any rebates, trade, tax, etc. I had a $3,500 PCO that is not included in the $73k figure. I also went with the 12” screen. I don’t love the speedo/tach style on the digital screen in the F-150 (no ticks or static numbers displayed) and didn’t want my HVAC controls on a screen. Wanted hard buttons so passed on that option. I like the 12” in the F-150.
That's truly impressive! Which dealer, if you don't mind? Without the X-Plan, the best I have been able to get so far is $4k off sticker (including incentives), plus TTL. Considering some dealers in the vicinity are still marking '21's up from sticker and most are offering no discount other than what is available through Ford, I thought I thought this wasn't terrible. My parents had a $3,500 PCO for F-150, Super Duty, and Expedition, but it expired 1/3, unfortunately.

rpw2021

Reaction score
Yes, I also got the 4x4 version. A definite must for my use case.

The cross rails are about $150-200 and easily available from a variety of sources.

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As far as the X-Plan goes, call ahead of time and let them know you have it. Not all dealers participate, at least in my area.

Make an appointment to sit down with the sales manager (only one who can input the X-plan order), show him or her your paperwork/PIN, place your order.

It really is that simple.

Bill

USKflt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, all. It is much appreciated.

Isn't the eLSD (Code 62E for a Limited, King Ranch, and Platinum) only available with 4X4 and includes the 2-speed transfer case? The notes on 62E in the Order Guide appear to say this, and the chart on top of Page 26 of the Order Guide shows this, too, except for the XL 102A (SSV) regular and Max that can get the eLSD in a 4X2.

Advanced Cargo Manager - all that is listed in the '22 Order Guide are the roof cross rails. I thought it used to include a shelf or something for the rear in prior years. I have a nice roof bag we have used on our Highlander, but we likely won't need it moving to a much larger vehicle. Cross rails could be added later if ever needed.

That's truly impressive! Which dealer, if you don't mind? Without the X-Plan, the best I have been able to get so far is $4k off sticker (including incentives), plus TTL. Considering some dealers in the vicinity are still marking '21's up from sticker and most are offering no discount other than what is available through Ford, I thought I thought this wasn't terrible. My parents had a $3,500 PCO for F-150, Super Duty, and Expedition, but it expired 1/3, unfortunately.
Granger. There are a few discussed on the F150 forums that are still doing under invoice but they’re limited. Mine was 3% under invoice before rebates.

1sttimer

Reaction score
How did you come across your PCO? That's my mission right now...