22" (stock) vs. 20" vs. 18" Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gillbrak

Reaction score
I did 275/70/18s on mine they fit great with no rub at all but I did upgrade wheels to methods that are +18mm offset not sure what you will be running. I know another guy on here is running the 285/70/18 on his stock everything FX4 and said he wasnt rubbing at all. Couple of pictures to show you how it fills out the wheel well. I dont have level or lift on it either thats stock ccd suspension.

View attachment 38355

View attachment 38356

View attachment 38357

How are you liking them? If they’re load E are you finding them pretty rough?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2019 Plat Exp

Reaction score
How are you liking them? If they’re load E are you finding them pretty rough?

Love them 3rd set already but first set on the expedition. Honestly can't really tell much of a difference from the stock 22s maybe slightly smoother even.

OP
OP
Lou Hamilton

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the 22s and honestly even with the 18s there isnt much of a difference but that might just be from running a load E tire so probably just as stiff of a setup but I wouldn't call either a harsh ride nothing close to what my ram 2500 rode like.

I ran LT tires on my Pilot for years, so a hit harsh ride is never what I am striving for. LOL.

I’m looking to move away from 22’s mostly for looks. Not as huge a fan as I originally thought I would be with the 22” wheels. Love the looks of the stock Ford wheel on the Stealth, but just want something more “truck-like”, IMO. I even considered the Stock F-150 all black 18” wheel, but in the end, I want something more unique than a stock Ford wheel.

Reaction score
Love them 3rd set already but first set on the expedition. Honestly can't really tell much of a difference from the stock 22s maybe slightly smoother even.
I’m in the same boat right now. I have the 22” wheels but worried about the ride. Thinking about swapping to 20” wheels but I don’t know if I will notice a difference

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went from factory 22’s (Platinum) to 18’s.
I also lifted to get a 34” Nitto.
They are E rated tires, which I specifically wanted for off-road ruggedness and towing ability. Under normal street driving conditions around Charlotte, they would be a harsher, more jarring ride if I kept them at the pressures I use for towing, or when loaded heavily.

But I run 34 psi cold pressure under normal daily driving and it is night and day different. Smoother than my 22’s with Michelin’s and much more able to absorb potholes and rough streets.

With the ruggedness of these 10 ply tires I have no worries about running below the door sticker pressure. They’re not squishy or squirrely at all. Combined with the beefy Hellwig sway bars it actually handles much tighter and in control than factory.
Like Fozzy, I too went with +12 offset wheels that I really liked. And it definitely pokes more than I wanted. Find +18 offsets if you can.
I never considered how much street grime would get thrown up on the sides of the truck if they poked beyond the wheel well too much. So now I’m considering mud flap options or even swapping for +18 offsets.
I do love my Black Rhinos though, and I get lots of looks / compliments.

Attachments

• 35473E08-C261-443C-BC9C-0A10C975F77C.png
    35473E08-C261-443C-BC9C-0A10C975F77C.png
    349.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 95FEFAD6-60DC-4A3A-BC6F-BC6D7928E7F1.jpeg
    95FEFAD6-60DC-4A3A-BC6F-BC6D7928E7F1.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 33

bill_b

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I run my OEM stealth 22" wheels in the spring/summer/fall and swap to F150 wheels with 275/55 snow tires for the winter and I can say from having done this for 2 years... my F150 wheels absolutely improve ride quality and MPG. I have a 35 mile commute and religiously watch mpgs and stuff like that... I can see about 17.5-18.5mpg during the warmer months on the 22"s and typically around or over 20mpg in the winter months on the 20" wheels.

Also it feels like a rocket :hahano: