22 Timberline headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aj26

Reaction score
Is there any brightness/aim adjustment for 22 Timberline headlights , in normal conditions they seem to be a bit dull and when it rains i can barely see more 30 ft ahead of me.

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there any brightness/aim adjustment for 22 Timberline headlights , in normal conditions they seem to be a bit dull and when it rains i can barely see more 30 ft ahead of me.
There is no brightness adjustment. For aim alignment check the "ADJUSTING THE HEADLAMPS" section of the manual. It should have been aligned correctly at the factory. Can't hurt to check they did it.

BrianA

Reaction score
They leave much to be desired my xlt lacks this as well. It makes you wonder if they took a step backward going to the reflector housing vs the projectors that were on the previous model.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes Brights. Just joking, but no, no adjustments.

bigwilly

Reaction score
They leave much to be desired my xlt lacks this as well. It makes you wonder if they took a step backward going to the reflector housing vs the projectors that were on the previous model.
I've read the same thing a couple of time in different threads and quite frankly, I'm a little concerned about my incoming 2023 Limited SPP. I really like the lighting on my 2017 F150 Plat. It would suck to go to something a lot worse on the Expy. I guess I'll find out

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, Ford did take a step back in going with reflector LED on the 22's as opposed to projector LED's which are on the 18-21. Cost cutting I imagine.

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do not see any difference from my 2019 Limited with LED to my 2022 Limited. I did notice how the auto high-beams get progressively brighter as they turn on, almost like they are raising upwards.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lights on the 22 are more than fine. They work very well.
I have had several cars with varying LED/Zenon/Halogen setups, reflector and projector. These are very good throw, wide coverage, and bright. Not the best I’ve owned (BMW takes that), but definitely the best reflectors.
Also the dimming high beams are a nice touch. (These lights are fixed and have no moving parts).