220v alternator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keelklan

Reaction score
So what are you going to do about your Engine overheating because it has set in one place with no air moving across the Radiator?

Instead of trying to soup up your Expys Electrical system why dont you just fix your gen set or get a roll around backup, It would cost way less than doing all the mods your talking about and a whole lot less headaches?

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My brother in law rigged up a welder to run off the serp belt so he can fix his rig on the trail if it breaks something. Not exactly sure how he set it up, but I do believe he mounted a second alternator and used that. If he could do that, you should be able to run some sort of 220V alt/generator with a similar modification. I'll see him this weekend and I'll try to remember to ask him how he set it up.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what are you going to do about your Engine overheating because it has set in one place with no air moving across the Radiator?

Instead of trying to soup up your Expys Electrical system why dont you just fix your gen set or get a roll around backup, It would cost way less than doing all the mods your talking about and a whole lot less headaches?

As long as his RPMs are up, the radiator fan should move enough air to cool down the motor. Or, he could switch to electrical fans :)

bobthegod

Reaction score
I think your going in the wrong direction......Do you want to run your engine for hours on end? After all that use you'll need maint and repairs....DOWN TIME = loss of revenue. Go get a Honda EX series generator. They are very quiet and very dependable. To get your car rigged up to run 10,000 watts is going to cost more then 3 gnerators, with all the batteries relays, circuit breakers, and wiring involved. right now you got a generator and a plug,hat could be easier then that. Your car sits there and doesn't run endlessly. Generators are made to run for hours on end and they work even better with a load on them. The worst generator is one that sits or doesn't get a good load on it.