24 stealth edition too much juice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fmonteiro444

Reaction score
Power. Basically don't want to sacrifice ride quality for the wife and kids so I can have fun driving it. We can all probably agree all these trucks are too expensive!
I have a 2023 Stealth Max with CCD. Ride quality in normal mode is too soft IMO. But in sport mode, it drives like a dream. Just did a road trip from NJ to Florida and back and I gotta say it was a lot more comfortable and easier because of the suspension and extra power.

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2023 Stealth Max with CCD. Ride quality in normal mode is too soft IMO. But in sport mode, it drives like a dream. Just did a road trip from NJ to Florida and back and I gotta say it was a lot more comfortable and easier because of the suspension and extra power.
I must be crazy, because I don't notice a difference in the ride in each mode. Yes I have CCD.

To answer the OP's question, it won't be too much power in either mode or no matter what gas you use. To me, it's perfect and will definitely whoop other big SUV's if you're more aggressive with the Go pedal.

OP
OP
T

therick

Reaction score
I have both a '22 5.0 F150 (lowered, tuned etc) and a '22 SPP.

We also have 4 kids and the SPP is the vehicle my wife drives the most. My truck is my daily driver and much less comfortable than the SPP since it's lowered with a loud exhaust, but it scratches my itch. When we go on Family hauls, trips, or run arounds we all cannot fit in the 5.0 so I drive the SPP.

Few things noteworthy as we've had a '20 Expedition as well.

1) Buy a Max edition. With all three rows up, you'll need the additional trunk space. Plus, shorties look disproportionate IMO.
2) Buy a Max with the 2nd row captains chairs. Having the bench is cool if you must have an 8 seater, but it's too much a hassle for young kids to fold/tilt the seats and slide them.
3) Power difference between the SPP and Stealth Edition is not going to blow you away. You also need to run 91 octane in the SPP to get the advertised power numbers.

The H/O ecoboost in the SPP is a good power plant, but so is the regular ecoboost. Both have plenty of power available and it's not as if the SPP is some sort of untamable beast, it just has a touch more jam when you lay into it.

As said above, try the CCD version and non CCD.

Our first Expy was CCD and the SPP now is not. At first, I preferred CCD but now I like the base suspension. Could it be because I've just gotten use to it? Maybe. But anything feels like a Cadillac compared to a lowered, solid rear axle pick up truck I drive.

You can get the Stealth Package without the extra price tag of the SPP as well, if it's mostly the appearance package you like.
Ah you're basically me but you get to keep your truck! We're working on getting the max w/2nd row captains. Thanks for the insight!

OP
OP
T

therick

Reaction score
Not “too much” by any means.
But I will suggest the 22” wheels and sport whatever suspension is a joke for “comfort”. it’s not 3/4 ton terrible, but it’s not a crossover.
The CCD is a must for any wheels +20”. Personally I have the SPP without CCD and you feel all the bumps. The 304a pack in general is honestly an odd setup. It’s like it tries to be “sporty” but it’s not that athletic, but it’s not slow either, if that makes any sense.
the appearance pack is a much better value, especially if you're using it as a family hauler.
I agree it's an odd setup. But given the opportunity I'm not ashamed to say I'll take the extra HP assuming the ride is still relatively comfortable. The model we priced out has the CCD. Thanks for your feedback!

OP
OP
T

therick

Reaction score
For clarity, you need to run 91+ in ANY EcoBoost to get rated power. Everything else said has been spot on.

Also would add, I would not get an Expedition without CCD unless it is a Timberline. The CCD helps when you factor the 22's into the equation.
hmm you guys recommend running 91?

OP
OP
T

therick

Reaction score
You are going to love the Expedition. We love ours, and it's in the shop right now and I have a 2024 F150 FX4 as a loaner and we want the Expy back. The stealth looks so much better, it's so nice having the third row, and picking up things like groceries is better when you aren't having to stuff it all in the second row.

I like the look and easier to live with shorter model that we have, but do sometimes wish I had the bigger fuel tank (which you might be used to in the F150) and the extra cargo room of the Max. Take a hard look at the Max if it has the options you want, could be worthwhile.
Thanks for the advice! I'm loving everything about the vehicle...but THE PRICE! Still working that out with the dealer...

But yeah my F150 has the bigger tank which has been awesome so we're aiming for the max.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice. I had our first trip to Moab in mind when I bought mine and didn't want the extra back end hanging off on the easy stuff we were doing. However, driving to and from Moab, the bigger tank would have been nice. That said, the non-Max tank still seemed to exceed the occupants bladders and need to stretch, so it didn't impact much. If I were on my own, I'd just hold out the entire time on the bigger tank, but you gotta make the family happy.

OP
OP
T

therick

Reaction score
simply don't floor it.. then that "high" peak power won't be realized, but it remains there if you need it.
nobody would say a 3,000 pound car was overpowered at 225hp (fox mustang), but rather that it was fun, so a 6,000 pound truck can easily deal the same way with 450hp.
your driving comfort will be dictated more by the suspension settings and the wheel/tire combo, yes?
Good points. And true re: comfort dictated by suspension settings, wheels and the CCD.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire