2nd gen (2006) rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Norrell

Reaction score
Ok, I have a 2006 Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD with the air leveler/suspension and it has developed an annoying rattle. I believe it's a suspension problem, possibly a bushing has worn out. It rattles when I hit bumps and I can't seem to pinpoint the location (I guess that could mean that I have more than one bushing that has gone bad). I've had the vehicle for 2 years and I've never done any heavy duty off-roading and the original owners of the vehicle was an older couple so they weren't off-roaders either. The truck has less than 185,000 miles and has been well taken care of...but with years and miles I know things wear out. What I'm asking is "are there any COMMON places (bushings, joints or shocks/struts that are prone to cause a rattle'? Just trying to narrow it down before I have to take it to a mechanic. ANY help/advice is appreciated.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360