30K mile preventative maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well Toby, first of all where you been, and second, the way you like Ford's/ Lincoln's, your gonna get eventually into 3 valve, 24 valve motors. You can only keep wrenching on the old stuff so long. Either that or switch teams to Chevy/Toyota/Nissan! Think of the learning you'll get. More power, more headaches. Just make sure your medical and life insurance is up to date, cause your going to enter the Twilight Zone! You might even meet Rod Serlings son, or grandson! Ew Ew woo woo woo!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gonna wait until they figure everything out and the original owners have them fixed. Then I'll buy one that is 12-15 years old and maybe not have to worry about it.

I've been on Facebook ******* people off.

S13ka24de

Reaction score
If u are not keeping the car for over 100k miles just leave it alone. Its like scratching when theres no itch

RhinoQuartz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gonna wait until they figure everything out and the original owners have them fixed. Then I'll buy one that is 12-15 years old and maybe not have to worry about it.

I've been on Facebook ******* people off.

I'm gonna do the same. Although we also don't have the money to buy one, but that's a different story...

Personally I wouldn't buy the first 2-3 years of a new generation. Maybe even only after the first major redesign within the generation, depending on how long it sticks around.

Not sure I'd buy another explorer either, the qc at CAP is atrocious.

These Expys though are something else. I love how they look (although the front interior could have been a bit better than just lifted off the F-150) and the space they have will be perfect when my kids get older/we have another one.

I do however, dislike how, in Ford's marketing and promotion drive, they've gone on and on about it making a fresh start and being totally new, when it is quite clearly a (very nice) mash up of the Explorer and F-150. I guess they mean in comparison to the 3rd gen, but it's just a pet peeve of mine.