34/35 inch tires at 80 mph?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcloven

Reaction score
Ive been thinking of a lift and some 34/35 inch tires and i was wonder what they are like on the highway at the 75-80 mph range. i would probably get some sort of aggressive all terrains. would they be too loud at those speeds? unstable? etc. I normally do a trip to Colorado from Missouri and well, through kansas and eastern Colorado i like to be able to run at least 80 as the speed limit is 75.
Thanks

Tim Fuller

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just the thought makes me think of the DeLorean from Back to the Future.... If either one hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious sh#t

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I regularly run 80+ on my 35” LT Terra Grapplers and I’ve never even thought about it as anything other than normal. It could be because my previous truck was loud and on 35” M/Ts, but only time I can even notice the tires is windows down next to a concrete divider. I can easily hold a conversation with my 10-year-old in the third row at those speeds.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
I will second @AllBoostNoEco. My 35 Ridge grapplers are rather quiet and I only hear them with windows down. I’ve done 80 before with them and wasn’t at all worried

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not 35", but just BFG KO2 LT stock size: a bit audible but mostly on weird surfaces (definitely louder than Pirelli summer tires though lol)

Drive fine to 100mph

Dont see why 35's in the same brand would be different

OP
OP
M

mcloven

Reaction score
Very good. Thanks for the info. I just need to narrow down the tire brand/size now. I'm wanting to keep my 20 inch fx4 wheels and if i have to, a spacer. I'm probably going to go with the readylift and bilsteins. I was thinking a 275 65 20, but think they might look a bit too narrow. I need to see that size in person i think. I'm also going to swap in some 3.73 diffs as the 3.31 is already a bit sluggish with the current 275 55 60's.

Oldnerdguy

Reaction score
I have 275/70 r18 on my truck. They are Kelly Safari TSR’s. They are fairly aggressive All Terrain tires
They are noisier than a hwy tire but not as bad as a mud tire.
80 - 85 is no issue. Flow of traffic on the interstate here is regularly that speed.
Mine are Load Range E. They are rated for 80psi max vs the 44 psi max on a hwy tire. I run mine at 55ish psi and that made a big difference in noise and road manners.