34" tall tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
can anyone recommend a 34" tall tire on a 17" wheel for a 2004 Expedition?

Jim Brown

Reaction score
There are so many choices out there. Do you drive on dirt, snow, rock, sand, mud, street queen, etc? Does weight matter? Road noise? Price? Durability? Handling? Traction? Aesthetics? Only you know how you will use your vehicle. I don't think anyone on the internet is as well equipped as you to answer those questions. If you care to narrow down some of the variables for us you could probably get some opinions/ recommendations.

https://www.google.com/search?q=34"+tires&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS904US904&oq=34"+tires&aqs=chrome..69i57.2004j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

So I'll answer your question with a question:

What are you building your vehicle for? In other words, what do you plan to do with it.

If you do some research first and come back with a short list I'm sure you'll get lots of opinions.

Last edited:
OP
OP
joethefordguy

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You're right, I should have said. I was hoping to learn whether anyone at all had ever installed any 34" tire, as a start point for my research.
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on 34" Nitto Tread Grappler GT2 285/75/17. They should be in this week. l bought from Discount again despite the fiasco last month, but I'm using a different store and I ordered a different wheel instead of the one from Never Never land.
FWIW, I ordered a smaller, cheaper, but still 34" tall tire for the spare.