360 view camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How is this supposed to work other than pushing the button? My expectation was that when you are in reverse the rear camera is displayed and when you switch to drive the system would switch to the front camera as long as a certain slow speed is maintained, i.e. parking the vehicle. However, it doesn't work like this. In order to get the front view you need to puch the button. I was assuming it would work like the surround view in newer FCA vehicles, which is really nice, but it doesn't. Kinda stinks.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry, That is how it works...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The worst part is the button is on the farthest part of the dash to reach, yet I'm after this button often. That annoys me. I'm considering trying to swap buttons or something if its even possible.

OP
OP
Rob6805

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The worst part is the button is on the farthest part of the dash to reach, yet I'm after this button often. That annoys me. I'm considering trying to swap buttons or something if its even possible.

I'm wondering if on the 21 F150 it's different. That vehicle has Sync 4 and an updated 12" screen. Hope they made the camera interface and functionality better.

theoneneo

Reaction score
How is this supposed to work other than pushing the button? My expectation was that when you are in reverse the rear camera is displayed and when you switch to drive the system would switch to the front camera as long as a certain slow speed is maintained, i.e. parking the vehicle. However, it doesn't work like this. In order to get the front view you need to puch the button. I was assuming it would work like the surround view in newer FCA vehicles, which is really nice, but it doesn't. Kinda stinks.

On the plus side of the expedition, there is a physical button to engage the 350 view. On our fca Pacifica, you have to manually go through a series of touches and screens to engage it or put car in reverse. I personally Want a button to press or a quick way to get to 360 view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rob6805

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On the plus side of the expedition, there is a physical button to engage the 350 view. On our fca Pacifica, you have to manually go through a series of touches and screens to engage it or put car in reverse. I personally Want a button to press or a quick way to get to 360 view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, true.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SublimeHiPpOs

Reaction score
Agreed. This definitely seems like an oversight.
I wonder in this functionality could be added with Forscan? I haven't had time to mess with it at all yet.