3rd gen Off-road rigs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got the skid plates with my SSV and it makes me feel really cool ;). That being said I also have driven over so much shit that I'm sure they've saved my ass a bunch of times.

And yeah, I don't want running boards, I want some badass sliders. Not that I will do any real off-roading but it'll look cool. Although I do run into things a lot (drive-by-rails, my buddy calls it).

These are the sliders I love the most:
http://www.c4fabrication.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Torcon-sliders.png

C4 Fabrication. They look awesome. I could get white powder coated top to match my "base model" theme (ha)

What exactly is the difference? Frame mount?

Shinerbokdoc

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJBnvhDzu48QFBz9omKgfzg
These two have a pretty nice rig also. Love the bumpers they had made for it.

That rear bumper is SICK!!!!
I like the sides, but not really the "plate cabinet". I can dig the spare tire rack, if mine was 4x4 and I had bigger wheels than what I have currently.
Soon, in next 7-10 days I am getting my Ranch Hand front grill guard put on. I got it color matched to the "adobe/tan"....it had to be redone 2x cuz there are apparently 2 different color codes that Ford did for the accents for the K/R and Lariats for a couple of over-lapping year models.
Anyways, I got the guard last April 2017 at a swap meet for $130 and bought the install brackets new from RH for $65. My Uncle-in-law has a shop and painted it for a trade on some old tires I had. I am looking forward to having my less-than-coordianted-and-unlucky wife be driving this while transporting the new twins.
Pics to follow.

Greg S

Reaction score
That rear bumper is SICK!!!!
I like the sides, but not really the "plate cabinet". I can dig the spare tire rack, if mine was 4x4 and I had bigger wheels than what I have currently.
Soon, in next 7-10 days I am getting my Ranch Hand front grill guard put on. I got it color matched to the "adobe/tan"....it had to be redone 2x cuz there are apparently 2 different color codes that Ford did for the accents for the K/R and Lariats for a couple of over-lapping year models.
Anyways, I got the guard last April 2017 at a swap meet for $130 and bought the install brackets new from RH for $65. My Uncle-in-law has a shop and painted it for a trade on some old tires I had. I am looking forward to having my less-than-coordianted-and-unlucky wife be driving this while transporting the new twins.
Pics to follow.

I ran into the color issue on mine too. I found my RH grille guard already painted on Craigslist, got it for $300 (brackets included) and I think the guy I bought it from said it came off of his 2012. It was Arizona Beige. The two tone on my 2008 EB is the Pueblo Gold that they used that model year. Not sure when they switched the two tone color over but two colors matched up pretty well considering they are not exactly the same. I just need to remember not to use my Pueblo Gold touch up paint on the grille guard...

kv996s

Reaction score
Hello Guys, I'm a newbie here to the Expo world. I picked up this 14 EL last summer and was not happy when the power running boards almost touched the grass when deployed. I chose a 1.5" (this is mainly the wife's daily family hauler) spacer lift front and rear for now and went with 285-55 Toyo AT2's on the stock 20" wheels. I would like to upgrade to the Bilstein 5100 F-150 option I see some guys are talking about in the future.

IMG_1118.JPG IMG_1116.JPG IMG_1117.JPG

Last edited:

Shinerbokdoc

Reaction score
Hello Guys, I'm a newbie here to the Expo world. I picked up this 14 EL last summer and was not happy when the power running boards almost touched the grass when deployed. I chose a 1.5" (this is mainly the wife's daily family hauler) spacer lift front and back for now and went with 285-55 Toyo AT2's on the stock 20" wheels. I would like to upgrade to the Bilstein 5100 F-150 option I see some guys are talking about in the future.

View attachment 23216 View attachment 23217 View attachment 23218

Looks good. I like the conservative, yet semi-agressive look.
Is this a 4wd?

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is mine:

24776058982_446e74bf12_k.jpg

24265838244_2595110cee_k.jpg

30913289903_bc65608675_k.jpg

30913294443_0553635b79_k.jpg

36171119810_2dd9762b5e_b.jpg

Here is a video of the EL at Uwharrie:

Won't be going Jeep crazy off road but just want to get off pavement every so often.