4-pin to 7-pin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedDragon777

Reaction score
OK i found this 4-pole to 7-blade adapter

Now it looks like I only need two relays to turn on the other parts of the tow harness wiring. The only problem i have is, since i do not have the factory plug next to the OBDII port then where will the brake controller connect to?

I am not worried about the rest of the tow package such as the brakes and coolers as i am slowly gathering aftermarket parts for that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RedDragon777

RedDragon777

Reaction score
Update: i traced the harness to a plug under the filter housing in the engine bay. Only one wire splits off into another harness. I believe this plug goes to the fuse box and then another set of wires goes into the cab area. The only problem i have is i do not know how or where the rest of the wires go into the cab area.

If i install the relays i need for the Tow harness to work do you think i could just tap off of the harness in the engine bay and still get signal or power? Or would i be better off wiring the controller as if i did not have a harness at all?

I am trying to make this as easy as possible i would rather not have to take two vehicles on vacation when i can just take one.