4R100 speed sensors (TSS/OSS)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr67Stang

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2000 EB 5.4L 4x4 Expy and was told by the seller it needed a transmission speed sensor even though the transmission had been replaced. I test drove it to my local Autozome to have the codes read and sure enough P0720 (output shaft speed sensor circuit malfunction. I took the guy at his word. I got it home with it shifting late (high RPM) and the O/D "off" light flashing at me the whole way and of course no speedometer. A few days later I get time and get it up on jack stands and go looking for the sensor(s). I find the wiring harness and and two identical pig tails left unpluged, so naturally I think, "this will be easy!" Nope! There are no sensors to plug into on my 4R100. I did some research and found where they are supposed to be and my transmission does not even have a hole in either of those places to put one. Needless to say the guy I bought it from was a lie'n sack of excrement. Can anyone tell me what Ford had a 4R100 without turbine speed sensor or output shaft speed sensor? I need to know what to sell this transmission for so I can get the one this truck needs.

OP
OP
M

Mr67Stang

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I found out my Transmission without the two speed sensor ports is for a 1998 - 1999 model 4x4 Ford with the 5.4L I have since found a 2000 model with the ports and am swapping them now. what a job...