4WD issues back..... again...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They said it was a diverter valve, we will see if the computer issues come back or if that was causing both. The worst part is they gave the truck back UNFIXED, I have to bring it back Tuesday and they are replacing the part. For now they have the 4WD locked in manually so I have it if need be.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They replaced the solenoid and the problem persists. They got it to replicate how it goes in and out on its own and sometimes wont show up on the drive. They can’t find anything and said unless I want to start throwing parts at it there is nothing they can do to fix it. Basically told me to wait until it doesn’t work at all so they can fix it. It works 50% of the time with the solonoids replaced. That’s great so when I’m out in a foot of snow in a blizzard and my truck fails me I’ll figure it out right...

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They replaced the solenoid and the problem persists. They got it to replicate how it goes in and out on its own and sometimes wont show up on the drive. They can’t find anything and said unless I want to start throwing parts at it there is nothing they can do to fix it. Basically told me to wait until it doesn’t work at all so they can fix it. It works 50% of the time with the solonoids replaced. That’s great so when I’m out in a foot of snow in a blizzard and my truck fails me I’ll figure it out right...
Isn't there an electronic module that controls that?