4WD issues back..... again...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this a new unit or a Reman on the sift motor, id prefer to to a new one. Ford Parts has entire tranfer cases for $2,300 New it says.
It's brand new. I have been buying my Ford parts from them because they discount them better than anybody else that I have found. I bought the chrome mirror caps from them and saved almost $60 over what my local dealer wanted for them.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's brand new. I have been buying my Ford parts from them because they discount them better than anybody else that I have found. I bought the chrome mirror caps from them and saved almost $60 over what my local dealer wanted for them.

Definitely thinking it is shift motor the 4x4 worked again today when I drove in the snow, must be going in and out.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my old Explorer. Unfortunately, I discovered it while out in freezing rain and ended up upside down at the bottom of a ravine. Good times.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my old Explorer. Unfortunately, I discovered it while out in freezing rain and ended up upside down at the bottom of a ravine. Good times.

My 02 Explorer never gave me 4WD troubles once... can’t say that for this truck.