5.4 2v Sluggish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
the ford dealerships near me got bad reviews. so thats a no go. unless someone recommend a ford dealer near northwest suburbs of chicagoland area. illinois.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Go see Austin at Wickstrom Ford in Barrington. This kid is a brainiac on Ford trucks/suvs and should be able to help you.

OP
OP
JuniorExp03EB

JuniorExp03EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go see Austin at Wickstrom Ford in Barrington. This kid is a brainiac on Ford trucks/suvs and should be able to help you.
im going to try clean maf sensor and get that fuel pressure reading and ill setup an appointment with him sometime this week. barrignton is not far at all man. THANKS!!!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any muffler shop can check your cat's. I'm sure when your at the dealership, they'll check it all out.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JuniorExp03EB

JuniorExp03EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any muffler shop can check your cat's. I'm sure when your at the dealership, they'll check it all out.

ok ill try a different muffler shop. i only whent to one muffler shop.

OP
OP
JuniorExp03EB

JuniorExp03EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can rent the torque wrench, and the fuel pressure gauge from the larger parts stores, IE Auto zone, O'Reilly's. They're actually no charge after you return them. I agree with the others, check fuel pressure, and check injectors for both operation, you'll hear a click at each one. Try spraying out the Maf sensor first before replacing. A lot of times their just dirty and lazy responding. Also do a back pressure test at catalytic converters to be sure no clogs.

i cleaned out the mass air flow sensor. made sure not to soak it. reset the codes. and thus happened

MAF Sensor Key on Engine off dropped to 0.12volt

MAF Sensor Idle 1.60volt

both my short terms are reading 125%

Long term 0% all the time

Baro. jumped to 91.0ish and stable....

OP
OP
JuniorExp03EB

JuniorExp03EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You're replacing the intake manifold ? Which O2 sensor did you remove? 'Cause the P1151 code is the driver's side upstream O2 sensor not sending signals to the PCM. Or how old are the front O2 sensors anyway ? Have you checked the fuel pressure at the rail ? There's a schrader valve on the passenger side of the fuel rail to get a fuel pressure reading if you have a fuel pressure gauge. Should be 45-55 psi . Low fuel pressure from the fuel pump will cause poor performance and throw those P0171, P0174 codes too.

You'll need the little adapter that comes with the Actron fuel pressure gauge to fit on the Ford fitting ....
https://www.amazon.com/Actron-CP781...&pf_rd_p=ef7568e4-34e8-56a9-aae6-1e96bc88439b

You were right its the Bank 1 Sensor 1 O2 Sensor causing all this. Do you know the motorcraft part number for the sensor? i looked up on rockauto and it shows Bosch as Actual OE Type and can be use for both. but the DY1401 shows as only downstream compatible. TIA

OP
OP
JuniorExp03EB

JuniorExp03EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i just did the fuel pressure test. is it possible to get a 0.0 Readout?
i didnt get any pressure.
truck starts but wont accelerate past 2.5k RPMs and bogs down struggles to gain after that.
only code im getting now is p0174 bank 2

closed and open loop 1 is fine
fuel system closed/open loop on bank 2 on the obd2 now reads Error...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjuststeven