5.4 engine advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bolts you got to throw away. Had to be the right wing wackos that thought that one up. You can reuse bolts from Model T, circa 1925, but not a 2010 truck. Like Jackie Gleason said in Smokey and the bandit, what's this world coming too!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

I built so many 65-75 GMs and you used whatever head bolts you had or could round up.
They worked again and again.

I later got some ARP 190,000 PSI IIRC in the specs but reusable too.
I got them because the head was smaller instead of being 3/4 hex like factory and it was easier to get on the one by steering shaft when pulling head in chassis.
But, hey, I took the hvac (factory air car) off the firewall and put sheet metal over it because it was in the way of pulling the last two pushrods out on pass side.
I didn't need heat. That big engine warmed the windshield and firewall up in about 10 minutes.
I used to drive it to college and back even when cold out about 9 miles away at 90 mph sometimes.