5.4 super build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Expyguru

Expyguru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am using the 25$ separator from eBay as well. I didn't think of using one from a compressor considering I have like 4 in my garage all SMC. The other reason for the EGR delete was that it was simple and gets rid of clutter, made a block off plate for the elbow and used a 7/8 plug for the header cost 0$. took it out with the tuner. Got rid of the green vacuum line and added a T for the boost gauge and one for the fuel pressure regulator. I dont like the thought of **** filled air going into my intake plus my theory is hot dirty air is whats going in and being burnt off. I have heard alot about people saying it doesn't change anything or that it helps with power. I just don't see how

OP
OP
Expyguru

Expyguru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well i have fixed my oil leak which turns out wasnt a leak. When I left the plug out of the head it pumped so much oil it filled up my valley of the block. I wasnt leaking until I cranked the torsion bars back up. So just to make sure cleaned the valley out and ran the motor. So now I just have to clean up the wiring for the fans and put the bumper and grill back on.
then will start data logging to get the tune right. So far MPT tuners are pretty good. The first tune is not to far off needs a little more timing on the top end.

OP
OP
Expyguru

Expyguru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I finally did some data logging today, drove around the block and ran like crap of course. Just to find out I did the math wrong on setting up my WB, so I have to do it all over again tomorrow. I did get to pull a couple plugs out and check the how the ring is seating with the bore scope, they look great so the royal purple engine break in works perfect.

OP
OP
Expyguru

Expyguru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well the tuning is taking forever to get it right. runs smooth in park all the way to 4500, runs like crap with any load put on it. So hopefully they will get my WOT set up monday, now just ripping out all the interior to color change to black.