7" dvd and nav system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigwill

Reaction score
I plan on buying a 7" dvd and nav system in the near furture for my 98 expo. I pulled out the old one just to do an visual inspection. My question is the factory radio just slide in and clips on. An after market radio would not have the same effect as the factory or would it. I dont see a enough room for a bracket or would i have to do a custom fit. Also would it look it clean with nothing hanging over better do anyone have a pic....

Thanks

Spoon-Man

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You'll have to buy a mounting installation kit, and to make it e-z buy a wiring kit aswell. You can get them from walmart, pepboys and most other stores like them. If you have a hard time finding the parts go to a car stereo places will have what you need.

2blackfordrides

Full Access Members
Reaction score
is it a 7 inch flip up or double din? what brand is the unit and is it a system with preloaded maps on sd card for the nav or a seperate brain?

OP
OP
B

Bigwill

Reaction score
I want a double din with the gps on a SD card im not sure what brand yet any recommendation,,,

ET2 Burris

Reaction score
I to am looking at the DBL DIN head units, But...
I don't think it wil fit most or all of the head units are dbl din.
but the kits will make a DIN flip out work just nice.
the hole in the 97 and 98's are like 1.8 DINI'm still thinking about doing the DBL DIN myslef though.

2blackfordrides

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i dont... i just purchased one online for 300 shipped.... my buddy bought one for his expedition last year and it is sick.... so i decided to buy one for mine.... i know most people tell u dont do it... but check ebay.... u can find them for around the 300 shipped mark.....i wont be installing it until my other 6 screens come in......so i dont have a pic.....