97 expedition xlt...does every exped have the 3rd row seat option?? or can it be done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kamakoaalii

Reaction score
My exped doesnt have 3rd row seating. the question is..is it possible to install the 3rd row seating. right now there are only little strap hooks on the floor im guessing in the area the 3rd row mounts would be...does anyone know if you can just take those out and put the mounts in there and get a 3rd row seat or is that impossible.

huklebuk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can only speculate about the 97, but mine has recessed equip that the third row locks into. I'm guessing that you would have to install that hardware, or it might be under the matting, check under there and see what is there. Take a pic of the back and post, that would help to see whats there.

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
...you'd still be missing the seatbelts back there.

I'm 99% certain that 3rd row is optional, and includes a lot of stuff besides just the seat itself. Stuff like mounting method, belts, etc. And the second-row seat folding mechanism is likely different, to allow access to the rear.