98/99 expy tcase compatible??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh1095

Reaction score
both 5.4l, mine is a 99, one on craigslist came from a 98. my searches on ebay make it look not so good for me. this is gonna end up costing me a bunch i know.... fuuuuuuuuk lol

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just did a quick search online and it looks like the 97/8 and 99-02 are different. I know they switched from the 2wd option to A4x4 in 99, but I am not sure what differences there could be between the T cases. I would check out http://www.car-part.com/ and see what you can find there.

I'm not sure how mechanically inclined you are, or if you are planning on even doing it yourself, but I pulled mine this summer. Its pretty straight forward. Pull the front and rear driveshafts, pull the cross member thats in the way, there is an electrical harness, and 6 bolts that connect it to the tranny. After that, slide it back and it will drop out. I had mine out in about an hour and by myself. Its not too heavy, but its kind of awkward. Hopefully you will be able to figure something out.

Zerick

OP
OP
J

josh1095

Reaction score
ya, the guy said the tab on it said "A7N22"
mine is a 4406-23
i would imagine with the change in the selector switch the electronics would be different. i could try some junk yards around here too. its currently my work vehicle so i cant have it down for a week while i rebuild it myself, otherwise id def take on the project