98 Expy pcm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

merrym

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new here and not anywhere near savvy in anything vehicles. So please bear with me.
My 98 Expy won't charge the batteries. Has a new alternator, new battery. Every time I need to go somewhere I have to disconnect the battery or it will be dead by the time I return to it. I have been told it's the PCM thing. And my husband has checked everything! I don't know what to do. Any help or advice would be great. I only have about 10 days before my husband is home and I want to surprise him with it fixed. Thanks in advanced.

OP
OP
M

merrym

Reaction score
What about the brand new alternator that was put in? It won't charge the battery at all. Would that be from the same thing?

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What about the brand new alternator that was put in? It won't charge the battery at all. Would that be from the same thing?
Voltage Drop Test will check all connections on battery cables. I would start there to make sure voltage is getting where needed.

Petesexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree the alternator should be checked. Then check the cables from the alternator. Does the battery charge with a wall-plug charger? If not, it could be a battery.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65