98 expe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

98 exp rear heat controll problem

Just bought this expedition and the rear heat and air fan switch does not operate, went through the manual and checked the fuses all ok maybe a relay? any help would be appreciated. I have knowledge of auto mechanics. Looking for quick fix w/o tearing the headliner apart.

OP
OP
G

Are you talking about the controls above the driver's head or the ones used by the rear passengers?

PaulC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In order for the auxiliary A/C-heater controls to function, the driver’s auxiliary A/C-heater control must be set to REAR.

The instrument panel climate controls must be on in order for the
auxiliary A/C-heater to operate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Hey Paul thanks for the response. yeah I knew that the main controll had to be on in order for the aux heater to operate. Thanks again for the help. also I have a running board lite out and after reading some of the topics in the forum i have come to find that the connectors are a big problem with the expos it is really good to have information about existing problems before you have to trouble shoot them for yourself. this forum is a great tool.

OP
OP
G

:cool:

phatdog

Do yourself a favor. If your pretty handy fixing things and it sounds that way by your response, Buy a manual for your expy. I bought a cd version (dealer type) off ebay, but auto parts stores carry them too. Hayes or Chilton. Or for that matter you can order factory ones. They are a great help in troubleshooting.

BTW, did you fix the heater controls?